#1 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

ok to get you tube working....

1)update svn repo and install latest version of addon4xbox.

2)Then go on addon4xbox, click on install unofficial add on, click xbmc.org add-ons repo and install it

3) then go back and go into "get add-ons" bitand click on "xbmc.org add-ons". you know if its the correct repo because their is about 70-80 plug-ins inside...

4) look for you tube v2.1.0 ( or something similar to that version :S)

5)next u need to install anarchintosh repo. you will find this in the install unoffical add on section.

6) install ice films from the anarchintosh repo as it has a module in it that is need to play videos in youtube plugin

7) hey presto you are cooking on gas..... youtube plugin should now work smile.gif any problems post below smile.gif

hcf try this first, it should have you o youtube in 2 mins, if you still cant get on ill post my folder smile.gif

also, before i forget... if you tube suddenly stops working, go into xbmc.org repo and simply update the youtube plugin. smile.gif

#2 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

Mine still doesn't work sad.gif
Did you fix yours for is this just a tutorial to get it on the xbox

#3 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

The YouTube plugin does work, I was using it last night, but you may want to try Navi-X as well, it has good YouTube support.

#4 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

Yeah all u have to do though is update YouTube via xbmc.org repo

Also my naxi x version of YouTube doesnt show vids, I can search but get script error when trying to play a vid.

Xbmc.org version works like a dream wink.gif

#5 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

I've been using Navi-x and it works good just liked the youtube one better. I have updated from XBMC.ORG Repo and it still doesn't work for me guess I just keep using Navi-x

#6 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Have you got Ice films installed?

#7 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

Well, my problem is that my Addons4Xbox plugin does not show the official "XBMC.org" repository. It only shows the unofficial repositories. I would like to have this official repository too sad.gif

Although I don't have this official repository, I was able to download in my PC and transfer to my Xbox a Youtube plugin that works OK. But it has two problems:

1) It can play videos, but it cannot download videos (when you try to download, it hangs the Xbox)

2) It cannot be invoked from another plugin. I have a wonderfull plugin named SportsDevil, but when it wants to play a Youtube link (by calling the YouTube plugin) it does not work.

I am reading that some of you have a Youtube plugin that works. Is this plugin able to DOWNLOAD videos too? If it can download videos (or be called from another plugin) I will quickly replace my Youtube plugin with that one smile.gif

Oh, and Navi-X is awesome too, although it seems that it cannot download Youtube videos, it only plays them...

#8 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I do have Icefilms installed and it runs great. I'm going to try a few things before giving up though

#9 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Well I got it working after a few attempts but none of the user functions work now like my favorites and my uploads just hangs and makes a sound like it loaded the page but it does play video.

#10 NinKenDo

NinKenDo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

It works fine if you just install the DDLScraper Library off the anarchintosh repo. No need to grab the full IceFilms if you don't want it, just install DDLScraper instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users