Rgh, Rxe & Hacked Dash Confusion!
Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:29 AM
1. RGH is capable of directly booting into a hacked dash, so no need of a rebooter! Is "RxE" a hacked dash? or simply a custom dash?
2. RGH exploit the kernel, so why a hacked dash is usefull or what's its function?
3. Is a hacked dash looks like a M$S dashboard? what is changed in a hacked dash than the original dash?
4. I also hate piracy but promote development of homebrew, so RGH is more welcome to me. But we also need a hacked dash for some other research, you know like using a big HDD or making /testing my own dash (I have no idea what i am saying but you know what I indicate! )- Somewhere I read it takes a or two months to make one hacked dash! Can we expect and wait?
I know someone will tell to google or read forum before asking these question of mine but you should believe that I barely left any thread on any forum to find the answers. May be I am not a technical guy so unable to understand, simple answers is gr8! Forgive me if I tell anything wrong! Please answer my questions! Thanks
Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:16 AM
2. The reset glitch does not exploit the kernel. It glitches the console into booting modified code. A hacked dash is useful because it allows otherwise impossible actions, like running games directly from the hard drive without disc or removing the ping limit, as well as playing a wide range of media files (the last being in early development).
3. A hacked dash is generally the same stock MS dash, but modified to allow things otherwise impossible, like I listed in #2.
4. Using a large hard drive is already possible with the rebooters. All that needs to be coded now is a hacked dash for the new glitch. Once that is finished, glitched consoles will have the same abilities as the older exploited consoles. There's no way to know when someone will release such a dash. I wouldn't expect it to be too long, especially considering rebooters have already been released.
Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:08 AM
sorry, I have figured out that hacked dash are same MS$ dash only modified! like version 12516 etc[i] So it's been written on MS$ NAND?
4. Rebooter been released for RGH, you sure? but Gboot is fake as reported today? so which one?
Thanks a lot for removing confusion of some newbie like me.
Edited by faz_2k2000, 21 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.
Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:19 AM
Freeboot/fbbuild and XBR are examples of hacked dashboards. They're not like many Xbox1 dashboards since they're just slightly modified versions of the MS dash instead of overhauls, but they're the only dashboards available right now. XBMC is Xbox1 only, while the others are like RXE.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users