• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faz_2k2000

faz_2k2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Thanks to all in the scene for this storm of development currently going on. As a newbie in Xbox slim world of nearly a year, waiting a lot for a greater good is really sweet with Reset Glitch Exploit! Thousands like me are more than excited to express them! But here at this point I respectfully need to clear myself on the followings:

1. RGH is capable of directly booting into a hacked dash, so no need of a rebooter! Is "RxE" a hacked dash? or simply a custom dash?

2. RGH exploit the kernel, so why a hacked dash is usefull or what's its function?

3. Is a hacked dash looks like a M$S dashboard? what is changed in a hacked dash than the original dash?

4. I also hate piracy but promote development of homebrew, so RGH is more welcome to me. But we also need a hacked dash for some other research, you know like using a big HDD or making /testing my own dash (I have no idea what i am saying but you know what I indicate! )- Somewhere I read it takes a or two months to make one hacked dash! Can we expect and wait?

I know someone will tell to google or read forum before asking these question of mine but you should believe that I barely left any thread on any forum to find the answers. May be I am not a technical guy so unable to understand, simple answers is gr8! Forgive me if I tell anything wrong! Please answer my questions! Thanks

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

1. It's a custom dash. It's not a replacement dashboard as it's run from the hard drive and the MS dashboard is run from the NAND flash, but it functions as a replacement.

2. The reset glitch does not exploit the kernel. It glitches the console into booting modified code. A hacked dash is useful because it allows otherwise impossible actions, like running games directly from the hard drive without disc or removing the ping limit, as well as playing a wide range of media files (the last being in early development).

3. A hacked dash is generally the same stock MS dash, but modified to allow things otherwise impossible, like I listed in #2.

4. Using a large hard drive is already possible with the rebooters. All that needs to be coded now is a hacked dash for the new glitch. Once that is finished, glitched consoles will have the same abilities as the older exploited consoles. There's no way to know when someone will release such a dash. I wouldn't expect it to be too long, especially considering rebooters have already been released.

#3 faz_2k2000

faz_2k2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

Thanks at first for your reply. Only one to ask:

So, all we are waiting for a hacked dash now? [s]Is there any hacked dash for old J'Tag, asking for example as I don't have any idea about it. Ive heard Xbmc, experience, freestyle dash (FSD) etc, but they are custom dash not replacement of NAND MS$ dash.

sorry, I have figured out that hacked dash are same MS$ dash only modified! like version 12516 etc[i] So it's been written on MS$ NAND?

4. Rebooter been released for RGH, you sure? but Gboot is fake as reported today? so which one?

Thanks a lot for removing confusion of some newbie like me. biggrin.gif

Edited by faz_2k2000, 21 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

I didn't say there was a hacked dash available for the reset glitch. I was referring to the older flashes. The rebooters used with the old exploit support large hard drives. Once a hacked dash is bootable on glitched consoles, supporting such drives will be no sweat.

Freeboot/fbbuild and XBR are examples of hacked dashboards. They're not like many Xbox1 dashboards since they're just slightly modified versions of the MS dash instead of overhauls, but they're the only dashboards available right now. XBMC is Xbox1 only, while the others are like RXE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users