QUOTE(ravendrow @ Sep 27 2011, 01:21 AM)
to everyone using xelllaunch try updating your console to xell reloaded with xell updater then just use the eject button (xell launch is iffy in my opinion) i haven't had any problems loading mupen that way. as for save states they very much do work i am half way threw my zelda OOT game and i got the save file to prove it lol.
1. Do you mean Save states or just normal save as in the games? I don't mind if it freezes every now and then if I can save-state before pressing "back".
2. I installed Xell Reloaded and felt kinda hacky about it (first time doing anything like that on a xbox), but it doesn't change anything. It still freezes when I press the back button, and nothing saves to me. How is your setup? Do you use a big external hdd or a thumbstick? I want to get my Zelda on too, but I'm getting tired of that long intro. "Navi, come hiter. Fly Navi fly! The fate of the forest, nay! the world! depens upon thee!" Haha. Epic.
3. Is it possible to have a big USB for Xbox-games and homebrew and such, and a USB-stick, dedicated just for this emulator?
And if I were to burn the emulator and roms onto a DVD, how would it save? DVDs are read only, or well, they aren't, but anyway, Xbox-DVD-roms can't burn. So how does it save?
4. I know there's a option in DashLaunch called something like "USB Sleep true/false" or something, does that affect homebrew booted through Xell? And if so, what should I set it too (because it's kinda confusing. I have everything set to "true" in my launch.ini)? Because it almost seems like my USB hdd goes to sleep, and that's why it doesn't boot the .elf sometimes, and that's why it freezes when I try to go back or save. My USB HDD is a 600GB FAT32 formatted with a program that formats any size hdd into FAT32. It works almost perfectly with everything else on my Xbox (sometimes I have to take it out and plug it back in again for my Xbox to recognize it). All other games/programs run flawlessly when first booted.
5. Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks
6. And thanks for an awsome first release! I haven't played around with my JTAG this much in ages!
Edited by Pjoto, 13 October 2011 - 01:48 AM.