• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

I need a little help. Something is corrupted on my g partition. If I ftp anything to it or copy anything from my f partition to G partition it will either give me a disk read error or have various audio or graphical problems.
f partition works fine. Is there anyway that I can just repair g without having to reformat the entire thing.
Thanks for any help.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

how large is your G partition? if its over 256gb you would have had to use xbpartitioner to format it

if you did not use xbpartitioner, i dont know of any way to recover corrupted data

#3 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:33 AM

its only a 150g partition. Thanks for the help. I'll back it all up and give it a shot. I dunno if xbpartition was used originally as i bought it modded some years ago.

Edited by 00zero11, 25 September 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#4 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

okso now its fubar. and lost everything not just g partition. but now it says f drive has zero space and everything is gone. help

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

It sounds as though your hard drive has failed. Fit a new one.

#6 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

nah the guy that modded it did a really bang up job. I got it figured out it. had to reformat the whole thing though. live and learn.

#7 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

ok now i really fucked up. apparently in the reformat i changed my c partition and now i get error 13/14, i tried to do a hotswap to run xhdm and clean it up but it dosn't recognize the xbox hd. any suggestions?

ok now i really fucked up. apparently in the reformat i changed my c partition and now i get error 13/14, i tried to do a hotswap to run xhdm and clean it up but it dosn't recognize the xbox hd. any suggestions?

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

How is your Xbox modded?

#9 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 25 2011, 05:04 PM) View Post

It sounds as though your hard drive has failed. Fit a new one.

This still sounds like the correct answer..
If after a while you decide that it is the hard drive.. you can follow what i would do.
(im typing this out now because i may not be here later, follow heimdalls advice untill you decide its a corrupted hard disk or not)

error 13 is usualy because you dont have your ms dash and it wants to set the clock.
I hope you have your eeprom backed up to your pc.

What you can do if you have your eeprom is Use xboxhdm to unlock the drive, and then use xplorer360 to see the contents. If it looks to be missing I would then (persoanlly) Have xboxhdm delete the fatx partition table.. partition the drive in to 32gb partitions (or less) Then format the partitions individualy as fat. have it do a thourough chkdisk and provided all the partitions formated and checked out ok. Remove all the partitions one by one. and then have xboxhdm rebuild the disk from scratch.
If it would not format and partition properly. then I would use hddregen2011 and tell it to repair all sectors in range even if not bad "its one of the options" Depending on how bad the drive is and what speed ide cables your using it can take and hour or two (133 ide) to 6/7 hours (ide 33) those are standard times for a relitivly undamaged drive. If the drive is totally messed up then it could take considerably longer. And may just need to be binned.
If the hddregen works its magic. then you can rebuild the hard disk from scratch using xboxhdm. although i would presonaly use the regenerated hard disk in a pc where i could keep an eye on it, and replace the xbox one.

remember when locking hard drives you need to make the bios fail to detect your primary master drive (the xbox drive) or it will get frozen, you can do this in some bios's if you cant set it in the bios you cann simply leave the power disscionnected from the hard disk untill the POST has failed to detect it.

#10 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

looks like a soft mod. i don't see a mod chip in the console. how exactly it was modded i don't rightly know as i bought it modded. it can still do basic stuff. i can put in a game and play it and access the save data and stuff so the hd still works. just for some reason xbox hd maker says the hd isn't connected when i do an error 12 hotswap. and it only a 320gb hd. i did back up the c partition and eeprom.

Edited by 00zero11, 26 September 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

If you have the eeprom then you don't need to hotswap (and that's a good thing, because every time you hotswap there's a chance you'll brick the disk or your PC or both). Just follow the link in my signature (Softmod with eeprom).

Out of interest, when you repartitioned the drive, did you run XBPartitioner directly from the dash, or from a boot / rescue disc?

#12 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

from the dash.now if i do restore my c partition thru xhdm can i used the backed up c partition?

Edited by 00zero11, 26 September 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#13 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

No, and you don't want to use your old C partition, because the softmod on it is rubbish. If it weren't then you couldn't have caused the damage you did just by running XBPartitioner.

Use your eeprom, and install a new softmod as described in the link in my signature.

#14 00zero11

00zero11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

ok so now. i try to unlock it in xhdm and its giving me command not found. i am also now getting error 16 instead of 13/14. this has been a nightmare.

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

xboxhdm

How are you trying to unlock the disk? If it's giving you a "command not found" error then you're in the wrong part of the toolset, or you're typing the wrong command.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users