2 replies to this topic

#1 mervydukes

mervydukes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hello All

Just got my Jtagged 360 and have xexmenu and just copied Freestyle Dash 2 to a external USB drive

Boot Process goes

1 Boot to Dash
2 Select XEXMenu from games
3 Select default.xex from Freestyle Dash 2 directory after changing to usb drive.

I know there is a way to change the initial dash booted to Freestyle using dashlaunch but it seems a bit problematic and I would be happy if it just appeared as XEXmenu does in the usual 360 dash.

So where does this XEXMENU live on the 360 and how do i get others to display.

Does anyone have the solution as I have read countless threads saying about a launch dir (that I cant find when I ftp to the 360), and then copying this to 0007000 directory

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

#2 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

If you want your console to boot straight into fsd you need to place launch ini in the root of your hdd and edit it point to your fsd folder, for a usb external it would be - Default = USB:\(fsd folder name here) \ default.xex with your fsd folder also being in the root of the hdd. If you want it to show up in game library in NXE dash then i think you need to place it in the content folder where your games are.

#3 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(mervydukes @ Sep 24 2011, 04:44 PM) View Post

Hello All

Just got my Jtagged 360 and have xexmenu and just copied Freestyle Dash 2 to a external USB drive

Boot Process goes

1 Boot to Dash
2 Select XEXMenu from games
3 Select default.xex from Freestyle Dash 2 directory after changing to usb drive.

I know there is a way to change the initial dash booted to Freestyle using dashlaunch but it seems a bit problematic and I would be happy if it just appeared as XEXmenu does in the usual 360 dash.

So where does this XEXMENU live on the 360 and how do i get others to display.

Does anyone have the solution as I have read countless threads saying about a launch dir (that I cant find when I ftp to the 360), and then copying this to 0007000 directory

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

to do what you are asking to need to create a quickboot for fsd and place it in the content/0000000000000000/ of your hdd1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users