• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Short_circuit

Short_circuit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Hello, i am a new member, but that isn't important right now.

I have a problem making the previews work.
I have searched for box art in google and saved them in the media\artwork\box front folder in both PNG and JPG format with the same name as my rom (i use "SLUS-xxxxx" as names for my roms). They refuse to show up or do i have to do something else?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Short_circuit, 25 September 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#2 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Well try checking this.

Make sure the skin "configuration" you are using displays box art. For example "movie and screenshot" or "screenshot" configs will not display the box art.

By ROM I presume you mean either the .cue, .bin, or directory name if you have it in a directory? Those should match the box art name exactly (minus the extension of course).

#3 Short_circuit

Short_circuit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Hello, yes by rom i mean the file i got using MagicISO.
I have placed "SLUS-xxxxx.bin" and "SLUS-xxxxx.cue" in the psxcds folder and the "SLUS-xxxxx.png" in the media directories (i have one pic of the cover and others for the back and title, all in their respective folders named as my .bin file).
I think i'm using "Dynamic PCSXBOX PM3 by Gilou9999" as my skin, the game select screen looks like this:
IPB Image
This pic is inside the emuskins\Dynamic PCSXBOX PM3 by Gilou9999\previews folder and i've noticed that there are others that supposedly display box art, but i only get the one i'm showing you. Where do i change the settings to display box art?

Thanks in advance.

#4 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

That gameselect screen is a "screenshot/movie" only configuration. Try going into skin and picking "load configuration" and pick one that supports box/cart art.

#5 Short_circuit

Short_circuit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hi, i did what you suggested, and did work in the sense that it managed to display the cover art, but it was a generic PSX logo, not the files i put in the folders. Maybe i should go to the media directories from the configuration menu? I'm sorry for asking such amateur stuff, but in reality i just found out i could play psx games on my Xbox, fortunately you guys have made a wonderful job making these apps.

While we're at it, can i ask you what's the best software filter available? I use Super Scale 2xSai Scanline and anisotropic filtering in hardware settings, is that ok or it depends on the games?

Thanks in advance.

#6 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

Find RessurectionXtras on a site which pertains to demons, but also hosts noids.

If you find the Rx sets there and install them with the newest emulators, you will have a working XBox without any questions for all systems included.

This will also ensure that you have extras for not only the offical games released for any system you're downloading, but that you also have the games and Xtras for translations (Final Fantasy..... Awesome), "upgrades", hacks, prototypes, and unlicensed games for any system you could imagine.

I hear that there has been recent updates to emulators that may render these Xtras packs obsolete, but these "upgrades" seem to me, the creator of said packs, to be incomplete.

I'd recommend downloading the emulator pack that coinsides with these releases from over a year ago. If they are no longer available, I could give you a link for them.

Possibly several years from now when it is proven that the upgrades worth warranting making my packs are obsolete, I would let you know that and you should upgrade, but in the mean time, the stuff I have on my friends and family's boxes have blown so many people away it's crazy. And I guaranty it will all work flawlessly and I have spreadsheets to back up all of the work I've done.

PM me.... anyone... if you need help. I'll do the best I can on my own.

Later,
~Rx

BTW........ Johnny 5..... Nice screenname wink.gif

Edited by ressurectionx, 03 October 2011 - 02:52 AM.

#7 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

do as res-x says... these packs are awesome. i recently finished adding the xtra's i wanted and my xbox is awesome. you won't have to figure out which roms to use as the roms have been tried and true. it's take a little time but it's well worth it.

and any certain compile of multiple emu's in one emu is just a over-bloated cut n' paste joke.

xtra's takes time... very very good results love.gif

coinFlops is the short cut and "leads off into destruction." muhaha.gif

#8 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

i want to retract my post about coinops... iamwithstupid.gif

short circuit... use what ever emu makes you happy

why can't i edit my post?

#9 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for the words Tristan cool.gif

I won't bash CoinOPS though. I've never used it for platform emulation because I believe we had a superior system going on here, but the one thing I can say for BP is that he's a "madman" in a good way and that he never lets his project fall into anyone else's hands, no matter what the personal cost.

We may not have always seen eye to eye and he definitely didn't accommodate my requests on any time frame, but it wasn't because he wasn't working his ass off somewhere else.

As far as arcade emulation goes, his emu is the cream of the crop on the Box. It may not play everything that FBA or the one that plays SFIII does, but the only reason I have those other emulators on my box today is to play anything his emulator doesn't play.

I couldn't understand a lot of his posts. I don't think it's because English wasn't his first language, but I believe it's because his mind is truly "out there"..... but I'm sure the same could be said about a lot of the inventors of things we've all come to take for granted in the 21st century.

No.....

To truly understand BP, I had to be like Icharus and feel what it's like to plummet to the ground, as I did, when I dared to fly too high.

Now, not only do the "owners" of all of my previous work bar me from entry, but they all but ignore me altogether.

The ONLY differences between BP and I are....

A) He NEVER surrenders, and he loves his unpaid job

and

cool.gif He needs something else in his life to tear him away from this thankless, pitiful duty.

SPECIAL NOTE TO BP, IF YOU'RE READING:

Get away while you can man..... There is NO glory in any of this work once you've outlived your usefulness. Sure... you may still have some individuals who talk to you and thank you for what you did, but most will just bastardize your work and say everything you did was stolen from somebody else, even though you've poured thousands... or even tens of thousands of hours of your life lovingly into it.

Save yourself BP..... walk away like I have

"If you ain't sharin', people ain't carin'.....

come up in the hood and they take everything you're wearin'" ~ Wyclef Jean

#10 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Oct 20 2011, 02:04 AM) View Post

Get away while you can man..... There is NO glory in any of this work once you've outlived your usefulness. Sure... you may still have some individuals who talk to you and thank you for what you did, but most will just bastardize your work and say everything you did was stolen from somebody else, even though you've poured thousands... or even tens of thousands of hours of your life lovingly into it.

Are you serious??

CoinOPS is nothing but bastardized work stolen from somebody else. How can you warn BP about something that he virtually invented? laugh.gif

Seriously, you've lost it. I think if both yourself and BP would "get out while you can" then this scene would be the better for lack of his nonsensical ranting and your near-constant whining about Emuxtras or whatever it's called now.

#11 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

in X-S for scatterbrain rhetoric.

pop.gif

#12 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

If BP were never around and if I hadn't spent 4 years shepherding the herd and documenting all the work that had gone down, let alone all of the work I had done myself, you'd all still be loading up games from a text list.

Granted, thanks to Neverwill and other artists like him before, you'd have a nice background to look at while you loaded your text based titles.

Your opinion doesn't matter here Likkle. Even when I was tight with those who have come to betray me and my work, you were always the antagonist. You never appreciated any of the work done.

#13 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I must say that people have just become short with you. I have always thought you were a bit narcissistic, but I was more tolerant of you when you were bundling all that media. I do appreciate your efforts, but your rants are just getting on people's nerves.

Calling your bundled collection after yourself said something, then coming back and complaining about how you didn't get enough "glory" or "appreciation" confirms any impression.

I value Likklebaer's opinion. Try looking at things from the eyes of those that "betrayed" you. If you see that it was never about you to them, or to anyone else, maybe we can get back on the same page.

...So how about that PCSXbox?

#14 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE(weinerschnitzel @ Oct 30 2011, 08:54 PM) View Post

I must say that people have just become short with you. I have always thought you were a bit narcissistic, but I was more tolerant of you when you were bundling all that media. I do appreciate your efforts, but your rants are just getting on people's nerves.

Calling your bundled collection after yourself said something, then coming back and complaining about how you didn't get enough "glory" or "appreciation" confirms any impression.

I value Likklebaer's opinion. Try looking at things from the eyes of those that "betrayed" you. If you see that it was never about you to them, or to anyone else, maybe we can get back on the same page.

...So how about that PCSXbox?

Exactly.....

Everyone was more tolerant of me when I was serving them......

Screw people's nerves.

Let me give you a rundown about how much work was done here on my watch, by me....

1. I tested every game included at least to the point that I could make my own Title/Action shots.

2. Every game included for every system has a synopsis file. Nearly 2,000 of these were hand typed by me from the back of the boxes of games since nothing existed online. This is especially true for Atari games. At one point I was asking other people for help, but truth be told, it was taking more time for me to edit trusted sources than it was for me to do it all myself. In the end, I'm sure that was at least 8 months of 40 hour weeks on my part to complete and document.

3. Many of the boxarts were from existing sources, but nearly half of them couldn't be found or at least in good shape. Thousands of boxarts were shoddy. Particularly the Japanese and other foreign releases. Sometimes it took me a day to find a boxart for a game with searches, rather than using a generic boxart. They may have had evidence of abuse or price stickers on them or prices written on them in magic marker. I single-handedly "fixed" all of these for release.

4. Box/Cart/CD art was not always easy to come by before I was here. I easily spent 3 months of my life working 40 hours a week corralling as many official images as I could find.

5. Generic Boxart..... Something I know for a fact people take for granted. Gilles stepped up to the plate and made my dreams come true here. I have a thread on XScene detailing my desires for such images and for all systems I've included, he made some bad ass images to bring boxarts to all hacks, translations, prototypes and other games that wouldn't have one otherwise.

6. Yes, videos were made before I came here, and yes, NES6???? gave me the idea..... but I ran with it...... like nobody else would have. I had many people making vidoes for the project, but Horscht was the first for SNES and MM? and Stupot were the major contributors for many systems after that.

YOu all don't get it......

Yes.... I don't currently know how to code.

Yes.... I did work that anyone could do.... that nobody would want to do....

But seriously look at the awesome machine you have before you. Ask yourself how it really got there.

Without trying to take anything away from Madmab or Gilles, who I love to this day, how many ideas would not have been accomplished had I not been suggesting them for the emulators and skins?

Nobody had a bitch or gripe about my OCD while I was contributing.....

And yet today. nobody gives a F about the work I've done and they say that all I've done is steal and call it my own.

The truth is, there was a lot of great stuff out there.

I made it MUCH better.

If you don't recognize that today, you will down the road.

At the very least, I call this my retirement project. I plan on retiring at 40, so that gives you all 8 years to prove you don't need me to clean house.

Nobody gives a flying "F" about how I feel about all of this.

So Here I Am.....

The reciprocal of the status quo.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users