2 replies to this topic

#1 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Hi, I have an xbox with a broken motherboard (just FRAG without apparently reasons), so i need to find a replacement...looking for it on ebay I found for few euros an xbox that, according to the seller, has a problem: sometimes when he play a game the xbox just freeze (and very rarely unlocks by itself). I've asked if this problem occur also on the dashboard and he answered no, so i though to a problem related to the hard drive (may be bad sectors?)

The seller said also that when the xbox freeze, he can ear the sound of DVD drive (or hard drive?) working....however no error messages appear on the screen and the xbox has to be rebooted.

Any of you experienced this problem? According to you there are huge possibilites of a problem related to the motherboard instead of hard drive or dvd drive?

Thanks

Edited by Difio, 26 September 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Difio @ Sep 26 2011, 01:16 AM) View Post

Hi, I have an xbox with a broken motherboard (just FRAG without apparently reasons), so i need to find a replacement...looking for it on ebay I found for few euros an xbox that, according to the seller, has a problem: sometimes when he play a game the xbox just freeze (and very rarely unlocks by itself). I've asked if this problem occur also on the dashboard and he answered no, so i though to a problem related to the hard drive (may be bad sectors?)

The seller said also that when the xbox freeze, he can ear the sound of DVD drive (or hard drive?) working....however no error messages appear on the screen and the xbox has to be rebooted.

Any of you experienced this problem? According to you there are huge possibilites of a problem related to the motherboard instead of hard drive or dvd drive?

Thanks

could be a few thngs really, id generaly imagine its overhearing though. could be any major component over heating though.. CPU/Gpu (replacing thermal paste may help fix it) Hard disk is also possible. But id personaly replace the thermal paste, and keep checking the hard disk for apparant heat.
Other components could also be an issue, But those 3 are the main culprits IMO

#3 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

I've asked to the seller if the xbox freeze without any error messages or show (sometimes or not) an error. He answered that sometimes it freeze without any message, sometimes says that the disk is dirty so needs to be cleaned.

Could the problem be related to the DVD drive that is getting broken (or maybe is just a bad thomson...the xbox was made in 2002, so it is possible)?

If the problem was something related to overheating the xbox should show the orange led flashing...i'm wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users