35 replies to this topic

#1 ZinG

ZinG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Hi all

Got one of these the other day from 360parts who I have to say have been less than helpful.

As I understand it these are all based on the same SPI Nand Flasher design however when I plug it into a usb port a red light comes on but windows does not detect anything at all. This on three different pcs running windows 7 64bit, windows 7 32bit and windows xp.

I asked if they were shipped blank like their glitcher chip but even so surely it would appear in device manager and ask for drivers like my programable board that I used for my ps3

My only thought that is a long shot is does the wiring have to be soldered from the xbox before I plug this thing in to actually make it work? I would love to get it running because this lpt port reading is getting on my nerves first time I got non matching reads over several hours due to me not using a proper lpt connector (just poked the wires in) now I have them soldered to a socket and I am getting them over address 200 which I understand means removing the 100ohm resistors off my board lol

Would much rather use the quicker usb programmer

Any advice folks?

#2 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

I am in exactly the same position. I have mine soldered up to a cat5 cable as per the popular mod which allows you to keep the wires connected and just up plug the nand flasher when not needed.

Mine was shipped from Eurasia without any software drivers etc and has not been flashed at all. I connected the boot solder point to ground as per the standard SPI flash device requirements. Windows Xp on two machines does not see it even manually making a hardware search does not find it. I installed the driver files to windows as often this sorts out the issue with no joy. I am starting to wonder if the flasher is just a dud, as there is no actual help from the manufacturers, I cant be sure.

I only bought it because I didnt have the time and all the parts in my parts bin to make my own, and LPT is just pointless unless you dont mind spending hours looking at a dos screen.

As far as yours is concerned don't use the resistors with it and it shouldn't be connected to the Xbox to program it.

#3 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Got a reply back from Eurasia.nu today and they wanted me to try Nandpro V2.0e,and pointed out that it uses special drivers and is not a USB HID device, and also does not need programming as it is already programmed. it is supposed to be plug in and use.

Basically in the email tennis that ensued I pointed out that "special Device" and special software or not Windows would still see it being plugged in due to the 12 Mhz timming crystal. I pointed out that it was based on http://dev360.wikia....flashermini.png and the fact that Nandpro doesnt see it said to me that it is faulty.

I await a response, meanwhile I am getting my own PIC18F2455-I/SP chip to make my own bread board version as I don't hold up much hope with Eurasia or with Matrix. Teach me to go with newly released products.

#4 krunchywii

krunchywii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

I also had this problem. I bought two of these and had the same exact problem with both. I tried with them soldered to the xbox (with power inserted but xbox off), soldered without power plugged in, and without the xbox. I tried on a Windows 7, a clean install of Windows Server 2003, and a clean install of XP and like OP, I only got the red light but no devices were detected in Device Manager.

It's definitely the chips. If this were a driver issue, we would have "unknown device" in device manager.

#5 isnemid

isnemid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Look in device manager for custom USB device make the jumper to program it with PDFSUSB.
After flashing PICFLASH.hex it is memory access in device manager when you cut the jumper.

Sorry for my English

#6 comman

comman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, this chip is cheap but practical for us, lightake already list it at their shop,only $28.98.

#7 BTslo

BTslo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Can you program it like this?

http://www.tiaowiki....B_SPI_Interface

#8 hemelinger

hemelinger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi,

I just saw a post in a differend forum where someone stated that the 12 Mhz timming crystal was not soldered correctly, the pin on the opposite side of the USb link was not connected.

Edited by hemelinger, 23 October 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#9 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

O.K after a lot of checking and emailing etc. I have found that my Matrix flasher is not programmed with the boot loader section of the programming, basically the part it needs to be able to come up on the computer as custom device or in fact to even be slightly seen by windows in any way or shape. It can be programmed via jtag and then set as it is supposed to be, I have been sent the files to do this by Infinity Mods but unfortunately I have several Jtag Pic programmers but none are compatible, so its going back and they are going to service exchange it for me.

If anyone wants the files then message me and I will email them to you.

BTslo that is how its supposed to be done but sadly it wont get even that far as stated above sad.gif

Edited by big F Mk II, 24 October 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#10 krunchywii

krunchywii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(big F Mk II @ Oct 24 2011, 06:09 PM) View Post

O.K after a lot of checking and emailing etc. I have found that my Matrix flasher is not programmed with the boot loader section of the programming, basically the part it needs to be able to come up on the computer as custom device or in fact to even be slightly seen by windows in any way or shape. It can be programmed via jtag and then set as it is supposed to be, I have been sent the files to do this by Infinity Mods but unfortunately I have several Jtag Pic programmers but none are compatible, so its going back and they are going to service exchange it for me.

Has anyone confirmed this or been successful in programming your dead chips? I sent my 2 chips back on an RMA, so I can't try.

#11 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

No as yet they only suspect that is what has happened, the tone I get from the email is that they kinda expect it has, I am also reading into this as the amount of people on various sites who are experiencing the same issues make me think they know rather than expect.

On the plus though I may actually have a compatible programmer after all, gonna give it a try tonight.

Edited by big F Mk II, 25 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#12 hemelinger

hemelinger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Received my matrix nand flasher yesterday, it works perfekt !!

#13 alukado

alukado

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(hemelinger @ Oct 26 2011, 04:51 PM) View Post

Received my matrix nand flasher yesterday, it works perfekt !!

Yeah, me too. Got it from yoyobase

#14 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

A little update, I read out the PIC's program and found that the PIC reports its size as one amount and the program is also the same size but when you read it out it comes out as different and errors at the same bit address each time. When you try and blank it it reads as the correct size and blanks, then when you reprogram it it errors out on the same bit address as before. Looks like it is not right so as said the manufacturers have asked for it back to either fix it or send me a new one.

On a side note to others who may be reading this and are having issues, one thing that was pointed out to me which is a valid thing to try. Not all USB cables are the same, some have better connectivity than others some for some reason work and some don't. I have had this issue before with a camera both cables were electrically the same according to my multi meter but one would work the other would not although both cables worked fine on another camera I have, go figure. Mine obviously didn't make any difference smile.gif

#15 F-Forward

F-Forward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

Got the same problem as other people. Light turning red, but doesn't get detected by PC at all (but light gets stronger). Tried two PC's, three USB cables, re-soldered all connections to xbox. Nothing seems physically wrong with the programmer, everything seems to be soldered in place.

Is there anything else I can check? Should the programmer get detected by windows even if it isn't connected to the xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users