• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 GDarkow

GDarkow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

Same thing here.... I have pads 1-6 soldered perfectly to points 1-6 on the Xbox board. I have tried with GND soldered to GND and BOOT pads. Nothing has worked. I've purchased TWO chips from TWO different distributors and I've had exactly the same result.

Also, I'm using Windows XP SP2, which really shouldn't matter. Is there something we're missing here? I've tried it with the Xbox OFF and ON, plugged in and not plugged in. You name it, I've tried it.

Those of you that were successful in using this thing, care to shed a little light on HOW you managed to do it and what your setup consists of?

#17 F-Forward

F-Forward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

Got the following reply from infinity mods:

from sales.infinitymod@infinitymod.com
to xxx
date Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 21:41
subject Re: Problem with matrix programmet

Hi,

yes, we are getting some NAND programmers that are arriving not programmed.
If you have a PIC programmer I can send you all you need to program it
back, is a 2 mins operation.

Best Regards,
The Matrix Team.

Seems like a QA check problem... Anyway, the shop I bought mine from (www.multichip.se) has promised to send me a new one monday, and make sure that it works first.

#18 GDarkow

GDarkow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

The place I purchased mine from informed me that if there is a red LED illuminated that the chip was programmed. Mine, of course, is illuminated, but still doesn't work. Can anyone confirm this? They also said it only works in a 32-bit OS (which mine is)....

#19 F-Forward

F-Forward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(GDarkow @ Oct 30 2011, 12:20 AM) View Post

The place I purchased mine from informed me that if there is a red LED illuminated that the chip was programmed. Mine, of course, is illuminated, but still doesn't work. Can anyone confirm this? They also said it only works in a 32-bit OS (which mine is)....

No, that information is not correct. The question I asked the Matrix Team was:

I got the same problem as many other people, that the Matrix Nand
programmer doesn't get detected by my PC. The LED turns on, but the
device doesn't show up in the device manager so I can't install the
driver. Is there any solution to this, or should I return it to the
seller, mutlichip.se?

And as for the 32-bit OS thing, it would still show up as a device in device manager without any driver installed.

#20 HOBO POW3R

HOBO POW3R

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

You need to manually install the drivers for the nand reader.

1)Go to device manager
2)Find the nand reader (usually named MemoryAccess)
3)Right click and select "Update Driver Software"
4)Click browse my computer for driver software
5)Browse to and select the folder where you have your libusb .dlls and such saved
6)Hit Next/Install
DONE

#21 F-Forward

F-Forward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(HOBO POW3R @ Oct 30 2011, 08:03 PM) View Post

You need to manually install the drivers for the nand reader.

1)Go to device manager
2)Find the nand reader (usually named MemoryAccess)
3)Right click and select "Update Driver Software"
4)Click browse my computer for driver software
5)Browse to and select the folder where you have your libusb .dlls and such saved
6)Hit Next/Install
DONE

Yeah, but the problem is that if the chip isn't programmed correctly (as the matrix team them self says) it won't get detected by the computer and won't show up in device manager.

#22 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

Yeah the issue is that they don't have the bootloader on them so the chip is blank and therefore windows does not see anything connected so nothing is added to the hardware list, so you cant update it with drivers etc. In fact even if you force the drivers on to the Windows Hardware controller it still doesn't see anything.

In response to the issue of the red LED this will light up because it has a voltage going to it via the USB.
To add the windows drivers in the correct manner Matrix chip allowing, you don't need an Xbox to be connected to it. Infinitymod have asked me to send mine back to them direct, I'm sure it is an issue with non programmed ones getting past QC and it can be sorted out.

The actual design of the circuit is as per Darkstars USB SPI, I'm not sure if Infinity tweaked the PIC programming or not but Electronically it is near as dam it identical.

#23 GDarkow

GDarkow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Thanks a lot, everyone, for the replies. It's good to have some insight on this issue. Hopefully, I can get this issue sorted-out quickly.

#24 ANPolter

ANPolter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Mine was purchased from DX a one day ago - http://www.dealextre...xbox-360-102484

After reading this topic I contacted DX and asked to check a flasher. They quickly connected a flasher to a PC and response, that he detected in the system and wants a driver.
So I think the flashers from DX is good, without a problems.

#25 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'm guessing it is just a bad batch, most of them should be ok I think.

#26 thesoundkid

thesoundkid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

hi there ran into the problem of getting ALOT of read errors with the matrix programmer was looking over my connections and then decided to look at the programmer

I then noticed that the surface mount capacitor circled in the picture was not solder onto the board at 1 end solder this on and it worked a charm.

so if your having trouble check that all the components on the programmer are soldered properly.

IPB Image

Edited by thesoundkid, 24 November 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#27 kunocorp

kunocorp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

I cant for the life of me get this to read the nand. Do i have to program the reader or is it pre-programmed? Can I use a solid core wire, or does it have to be stranded? Are there instructions for the use of this specific device anywhere?

#28 krunchywii

krunchywii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(kunocorp @ Nov 25 2011, 10:26 AM) View Post

I cant for the life of me get this to read the nand. Do i have to program the reader or is it pre-programmed? Can I use a solid core wire, or does it have to be stranded? Are there instructions for the use of this specific device anywhere?

Is it even showing up in windows? Are you getting an error message or anything?

I did get my RMA'd chips back about 2 weeks ago, and if the chips are programmed correctly, they will show up in device manager right out of the package, before any soldering is done. If your chips aren't showing up when you plug them in, they are bad - get an RMA and ship them back.

#29 kunocorp

kunocorp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

yes it's recognized by windows, I get a red light on the reader and under device manager I have Memory Access with a yellow exclamation mark, from a branch called LibUSB-Win32 Devices

#30 kneehighspy

kneehighspy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:vintage console coding (vectrex, 5200, colecovision) vintage pc coding (apple ][, c64 & amiga 1000).
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(thesoundkid @ Nov 24 2011, 01:57 PM) View Post

hi there ran into the problem of getting ALOT of read errors with the matrix programmer was looking over my connections and then decided to look at the programmer

I then noticed that the surface mount capacitor circled in the picture was not solder onto the board at 1 end solder this on and it worked a charm.

so if your having trouble check that all the components on the programmer are soldered properly.

IPB Image

has anyone got any links for the solder points to where i need to connect the matrix nand programmer to? i have a 256mb jasper and dang if i can find any diagrams, the ones in the pdf from matrix are for the slim i believe.

any help is greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users