3 replies to this topic

#1 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

Upon signing into XBL tonight, I received a message saying "in accordance with Xbox Live Policy, this gamertag is not allowed. Please change..." (or something like that) It's the same name I've been using for 2 years with no issues. So I played along, changed it, and was able to sign in successfully. Anybody else seen this? My name wasn't offensive or anything, so I don't understand why that was necessary.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

"offensive" is in the eyes of the offended, and youll find that for every thing that exists, someone out there is offended by it

also, MS policy pretty much allows them to disallow any gamertag they want, on a whim

just out of curiosity what was the gamertag?

Edited by lordvader129, 27 September 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#3 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

It was digipimp75. Maybe the word "pimp" offended somebody? smile.gif I've seen far worse on there heh. Ahh well.. at least it wasn't a ban

#4 NYCXBOX

NYCXBOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yea that's crap in my opinion. I would write the consumerist about it and contact the BBB. You might have to submit to the will of M$ but at least you can get some bad press out of it. After 2 years - and only the word PIMP - I would think some one at XBL mission control got it wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users