165 replies to this topic

#151 d4m4n

d4m4n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

I started an other thread about my dual boot setup.
Dual boot between ORIG and RGH

I bought a 4GB slim for that. The benefit is I have the 4GB internal MU for ORIGINAL mode and the internal 500GB for RGH mode.

Also notice the SMC reset circuit. No need to unplug the power supply for SMC reset. You may be detected and banned if you don't reset and clear the hacked SMC code before going to live in original mode.

I may remove the Coolrunner relay and use a data buffer instead for POST signal. Or better edit the code to use a CPLD pin for disable function.

Edited by d4m4n, 31 December 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#152 thugsters

thugsters

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Oct 11 2011, 04:59 AM) View Post

No. 10k resistor + 3.3v to pin 9 (CE) of the top nand, straight 3.3v to pins 12 &37.

I'd like to thank you for this info it was so helpful..I've been up 60 hours straight racking my brain and this solved the problem..However I'm hoping you can shed some light on a new situation I have.. This procedure programs my top nand with no problem, and my switch is setup and dual boots..However when I'm in glitch mode the fan speed runs at what sounds to be like 100% but in normal retail mode the fan runs normal..I'm testing on a slim and my nandwich only has pins that need to be connected and the rest are broke off.

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out what's up with this fan..

Edit: Ok so it turns out just xell the first time loads like that...Once flashed with the glitch image fan speeds go back to normal and console dual boots..However when I read with usb programmer I have to hook up 12/37 to 3.3v everytime but I don't ever plan on use that again so it's ok I assume.

Edited by thugsters, 25 January 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#153 Muppett

Muppett

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hmm all very interesting however have no access to any form of dual nand board but it seems to me to be an easy development to produce a dual Nand PCB with both Nands fitted to the board this would render the onboard nand useless and may be removed.
I know this sounds a bit OTT but the same board would work in all xboxes and would not require any track cuts to be performed.
simple to install using the well listed alternate points on the board. A lot easier than sticking a nand on top of a nand and safer if all goes wrong. With no track cuts its easier to revert back to its original condition no need to bend pin 9 and wire to it.
only downfall is i have no PCB design software and no clue how to use said software so if anyone wants to design it and post please do. it can be accomplished on a single sided pcb therefore can be developed at home and the cost of the replacement Nand chips is less than 6 for a pair so would be a great improvement on current solutions that are expensive and out of stock at most places.

#154 Muppett

Muppett

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hmm all very interesting however have no access to any form of dual nand board but it seems to me to be an easy development to produce a dual Nand PCB with both Nands fitted to the board this would render the onboard nand useless and may be removed.
I know this sounds a bit OTT but the same board would work in all xboxes and would not require any track cuts to be performed.
simple to install using the well listed alternate points on the board. A lot easier than sticking a nand on top of a nand and safer if all goes wrong. With no track cuts its easier to revert back to its original condition no need to bend pin 9 and wire to it.
only downfall is i have no PCB design software and no clue how to use said software so if anyone wants to design it and post please do. it can be accomplished on a single sided pcb therefore can be developed at home and the cost of the replacement Nand chips is less than 6 for a pair so would be a great improvement on current solutions that are expensive and out of stock at most places.

#155 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Urgent quick update for everyone. My Dual boot setup died on my Slim after this new update today. but the odd thing is that not only did the cygnos360 nand die on the Slim but after the update my stock Dash doesnt load. I will report my findings as to why when I can. I think it may be because my glitch board is always on so maybe it is causing problems with the stock dash that just updated. very weird. so this is my warning.

#156 Ball00

Ball00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Looks like the update has changed the post_out signal that tells the glitch chip when there is a successful boot. Without it for the minute the chip is clueless as to what to do. Turning off the glitch chip will let a retail nand boot for the present and a workaround has already been found I believe but yet to be released to allow the hacked nand to boot. Might be more complicated for the dual nand in the future

#157 thugsters

thugsters

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

With the recent XeBuild release are we able to setup a switch or some sort to disconnect the glitch chip on normal nand boots? I have all my slims updated to dash 14717 but on my dual nand systems only the glitch dash boots. I can disconnect the glitch chip's vcc and have the normal dash boot, but seems I may have to figure out how to wire a different switch in or ground it out differently now.

#158 yamahar1racer

yamahar1racer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

does anyone know if I can update my life safe nand, in my dual nand 360?

#159 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

if it is a Slim I would say yes but you will need to have a relay that will turn the glitch board off when you select the Live nand and you will need to rebuild the Reset Glitch nand to load.

#160 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I finally got around to fixing my MW3 Slim with the Relay to turn off my glitch board and figured I would post pics. I can confirm that you can update your Dual boot Slim Trinity Consoles and get them to Glitch again if you have the relay installed like in my diagram. I was also asked were to put the relay when you install it and I am showing a pic of how I put mine. I used double sided sticky tape to keep it in place and I am please with the results. It is completely out of the way.

Here is how I installed mine in my MW3 Slim Trinity Board:
IPB Image

#161 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Awesome! I installed my relay under the hdd plug where the red square is, but ever since the 14717 update my rgh seems to take longer to boot, does anyone else notice a difference?
IPB Image

#162 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

I actually made my boot times better because with the relay installed I was able to deposition my CPU_rst wire to boot quicker. Boots within 20 seconds

#163 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(finalman @ Oct 15 2011, 11:11 PM) View Post

OK which switch do I need to enable \ disable the glitcher the same time as the hacked nand, like in the following picture:

IPB Image

I found two on ebay but i'm abit confused by the on-off combinations.

On-On here

or

On-Off here

Which one do I want?

UPDATE: On-Off Has 3 positions On-Off-On so I don't think It's this one. I take it I want the On-On correct?

I have the On-On switch and want to do this mod on a spare Falcon I have for my son. Do I just need the 1 10k resistor like the diagram? also for the glitch board to turn off with the switch do I solder the ground wire like in the diagram? Will the mess with the switch for the nand that way?

#164 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Follow the diagram and it (should) work. Nand1 gets 3.3v + 10kohm from the mobo, so you only need the resistor for the added nand. As long as your switch is DPDT (double-pole, double-throw) it won't mess with the nand when switching the CPLD ground.

#165 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Jun 6 2012, 03:34 AM) View Post

Follow the diagram and it (should) work. Nand1 gets 3.3v + 10kohm from the mobo, so you only need the resistor for the added nand. As long as your switch is DPDT (double-pole, double-throw) it won't mess with the nand when switching the CPLD ground.

Thanks technitian3. My office looks like 2 xboxs puked in here. lol. I pulled the tsop from a dead xenon and put it on my sons falcon and all went well but the second nand kept showing corrupted when I would try to read it back after 0022 errors so I redid it and now I'm out of que tips to clean the flux off. looks horrible. but it is detected and I am flashing it with nandpro parallel connection now. hope I am done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users