X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Modchip.ca has some of the older Cygnos360 chips for $15 if anyone is interested in diong this.
http://www.modchip.c...r...=284&page=1

#17 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Sep 28 2011, 09:37 AM) View Post

Modchip.ca has some of the older Cygnos360 chips for $15 if anyone is interested in diong this.
http://www.modchip.c...r...=284&page=1

That one will require you to lift the CE leg of your original nand or cut the trace to the CE. It is best to go for the Cygnos360v2 Rev E if you can. Make sure not to get rev F because it does not have dual nand. I have a strong feeling they will get back in stock soon. smile.gif

QUOTE(Zoneout @ Sep 28 2011, 08:48 AM) View Post

Good Job Zoneout.

Edited by Antman1, 28 September 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#18 d0pe

d0pe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

And you'll end up getting your ass BANNED in no time..

#19 noraa

noraa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(d0pe @ Sep 28 2011, 06:55 PM) View Post

And you'll end up getting your ass BANNED in no time..

The system is entirely retail on, onboard nand side. There is nothing that will effect live play, this completely separates the hacked kernel from stock. There is no way for this to be detected on XBL if modified kernel is kept in secondary nand and disabled.

#20 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

and really u shouldnt even need to read ur retail nand as there is no point using the kv from it! if you made a mistake and connected to live in glitch mode with a hacked kernel that would cause a ban on retail mode aswell

best thing to do on a dual nand setup is to use another fake ecc from the same model and hope a hacked kernel also has the hash check removed on kv like freeboot on jtag

#21 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Sep 28 2011, 06:42 AM) View Post

That one will require you to lift the CE leg of your original nand or cut the trace to the CE. It is best to go for the Cygnos360v2 Rev E if you can. Make sure not to get rev F because it does not have dual nand. I have a strong feeling they will get back in stock soon. smile.gif
Good Job Zoneout.

I have one of these on order, and as soon as it's in my hands I'm gonna copy the board and put a stack of dead falcons to good use. I don't mind lifting a leg for an almost free dual-nand.

#22 d0pe

d0pe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Is any of these emus you run leaving stuff behind on the retail HDD?

#23 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

I have an old cygnos V2 unused sitting on the shelf. Now it has a use I guess!
I'll probably just sell it though, I don't use live.

#24 modslave

modslave

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Everything xbox<br />Motorbikes &amp; Cars
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(d0pe @ Sep 28 2011, 08:04 PM) View Post

Is any of these emus you run leaving stuff behind on the retail HDD?

My thoughts exactly.
Remember everybody freaking out when FSD left the shortcut on their HDD and then they didn't want to use that HDD on their Live console for fear of being band cos they'd had a faint wiff of homebrew

#25 SBEEZY

SBEEZY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

i use my hdd from my jtagged zeph on my stock jasper and have never had a problem on live.

#26 shyzza313

shyzza313

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

Do you got to keep all homebrew and jtag games on a different drive?

#27 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Basically the emulators and homebrew right now are running off usb thumb drives and usb hard drives. So no they don't store anything on hard drives. Microsoft isnt looking for homebrew or any foreign files on the hard drive. The files on the hard drive from homebrew and such are not signed so the unmodified kernel will not be able to use the files and they will not show up if the signature is broken. The thing that can get your profile permanently suspended is if you use the snes9x emulator and get an obvious achievement that says "Unlocked Homebrew".

As of right now the Xell Reloaded doesn't touch anything having to do with xbox live so nothing on the system tell Microsoft anything about it being modded.

Once a hacked kernel does come out I do recommend using a donor KV when making the image for the modded nand because if it does accidentally talk to Microsoft it wont even look like the same console thus keeping the real kv from being banned.

This is actually just like the old Xbox1 days except it is more secure and safe in my opinion. The difference is that with the Xbox1 the tsop had just the flash that loaded unsigned files and such and it had a separate eeprom that stored the Keyvault and such. With the Xbox360 the TSOP/nand stores the KV and everything so you can have a different KV when switching between your homebrew kernel and the original.

#28 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Sep 29 2011, 01:17 AM) View Post
The thing that can get your profile permanently suspended is if you use the snes9x emulator and get an obvious achievement that says "Unlocked Homebrew".
That's not true. Homebrew achievements are not recognised by Microsoft since they technically don't exist. It doesn't matter if you unlock them with your regular account. I use the same account for all my JTAG activity as I do on my unmodified Live console. I've done this since the very beginning and never had a problem. Same goes for homebrew and games etc. Just about everything is stored on the same 120GB HDD which I switch between consoles. It's not any different to the Xbox 1 days.

Edited by sabbath_dude, 29 September 2011 - 03:34 AM.

#29 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 28 2011, 09:31 PM) View Post

That's not true. Homebrew achievements are not recognised by Microsoft since they technically don't exist. It doesn't matter if you unlock them with your regular account. I use the same account for all my JTAG activity as I do on my unmodified Live console. I've done this since the very beginning and never had a problem. Same goes for homebrew and games etc. Just about everything is stored on the same 120GB HDD which I switch between consoles. It's not any different to the Xbox 1 days.

Basically I was saying that it should be safe. as far as achievements I was only guessing that it might not be safe really to have achievements not recognized by Microsoft if you are wanting to be safe. I know they wont ban the console though for profile mishaps.

#30 blastagator

blastagator

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

If you have a Jasper can you still do this even though the NAND is the wrong size? I would assume it is okay with a donor image since the code is hacked code, no? Anyone tried? I have an already banned Falcon I was going to use the NAND image from.

Edited by blastagator, 29 September 2011 - 05:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users