165 replies to this topic

#121 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

took a pic since i opened console to flash drive back to stock...

IPB Image

not pretty but it works well.

#122 noraa

noraa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Much cleaner than my first attempt smile.gif

#123 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Working on a dedicated fat nandglitch board:
IPB Image

Should make for a clean install, if nothing else.

#124 antalpromille

antalpromille

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:mods and repair

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Oct 13 2011, 09:36 PM) View Post

Working on a dedicated fat nandglitch board:
IPB Image

Should make for a clean install, if nothing else.

it looks good, will be nice to se final resault and install smile.gif

#125 finalman

finalman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

OK which switch do I need to enable \ disable the glitcher the same time as the hacked nand, like in the following picture:

IPB Image

I found two on ebay but i'm abit confused by the on-off combinations.

On-On here

or

On-Off here

Which one do I want?

UPDATE: On-Off Has 3 positions On-Off-On so I don't think It's this one. I take it I want the On-On correct?

Edited by finalman, 16 October 2011 - 05:19 AM.

#126 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(finalman @ Oct 15 2011, 08:11 PM) View Post

OK which switch do I need to enable \ disable the glitcher the same time as the hacked nand, like in the following picture:

IPB Image

I found two on ebay but i'm abit confused by the on-off combinations.

On-On here

or

On-Off here

Which one do I want?

UPDATE: On-Off Has 3 positions On-Off-On so I don't think It's this one. I take it I want the On-On correct?

On-on.

#127 babylonx

babylonx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Very nice topic.

I just ordered my Xilinx CPLD board to do the glitch reset hack but I would prefer to leave the original nand intact to be safe on Live (i don't use Live and I am not banned but I am paranoid and want the best) and of course to be able to dual boot between clean original dash and any other think that will come out for the reset glitch.

The problem is that I have a Jasper with 512mb nand. I guess I am a little unlucky with this. I have built a pic based SPI nand flasher but even with that it takes 3 hours for a complete nand dump and there are always a few differences between my dumps. I am still running it on a development board so I haven't fitted it internally with short and neat cables. When I do, reliability might be ok but until then I do not trust it and I am having some second thoughts to just buy a Cygnos360 v2 to use both for its dual boot capabilities and as a reader/writer since it's both reliable and extra fast...

1) Some people say I could remove the hynix chip and fit a 512mb one on The Cygnos360. Has anyone done that and it worked? In theory it should work but if Cygnos360 has active components on it like some controlling ICs it might not. I don't want to buy it and not being able to use it...

2) Will any 512mb nand fit for the xbox360 to use? Or should it be the exact same make and model? I guess these nands are pin compatible so I could even use a bigger nand chip. I have some old usb sticks and memory cards lying around and they almost always use these chips. The only difference with the bigger ones would be the extra address bits/pins where the smaller ones have N/C pins I guess..

3) Is the older Cygnos versions/revisions nand flashers too? I can find V1 at the stores here. What's the differences? Which one do you recommend?

Thank you!

Edited by babylonx, 18 October 2011 - 01:50 AM.

#128 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(babylonx @ Oct 17 2011, 08:47 PM) View Post

Very nice topic.

I just ordered my Xilinx CPLD board to do the glitch reset hack but I would prefer to leave the original nand intact to be safe on Live (i don't use Live and I am not banned but I am paranoid and want the best) and of course to be able to dual boot between clean original dash and any other think that will come out for the reset glitch.

The problem is that I have a Jasper with 512mb nand. I guess I am a little unlucky with this. I have built a pic based SPI nand flasher but even with that it takes 3 hours for a complete nand dump and there are always a few differences between my dumps. I am still running it on a development board so I haven't fitted it internally with short and neat cables. When I do, reliability might be ok but until then I do not trust it and I am having some second thoughts to just buy a Cygnos360 v2 to use both for its dual boot capabilities and as a reader/writer since it's both reliable and extra fast...

1) Some people say I could remove the hynix chip and fit a 512mb one on The Cygnos360. Has anyone done that and it worked? In theory it should work but if Cygnos360 has active components on it like some controlling ICs it might not. I don't want to buy it and not being able to use it...

2) Will any 512mb nand fit for the xbox360 to use? Or should it be the exact same make and model? I guess these nands are pin compatible so I could even use a bigger nand chip. I have some old usb sticks and memory cards lying around and they almost always use these chips. The only difference with the bigger ones would be the extra address bits/pins where the smaller ones have N/C pins I guess..

3) Is the older Cygnos versions/revisions nand flashers too? I can find V1 at the stores here. What's the differences? Which one do you recommend?

Thank you!

if you dont want to touch your original nand, you must replace the 16mbit nand on the cygnos with the 512.

#129 babylonx

babylonx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

I understood that.

My question is: Has anyone else done it? Cygnos has a microprocessor on it and it actively connects to the computer through usb and controls that 16mb nand. It's not a passive method like switching the ce pin's between nands. What makes you so sure that just replacing the nand will work? Switching and dual booting might be working but I believe that flashing operations through the cygnos will not! So you must use the jtag interface and an external usb spi flasher or an lpt cable again to read and write the nands!

Long story short, I might give my 50 to 75 bucks for just a very expensive nand switch! A nand switch I could do myself using simple and cheap components. But if the package also includes a 512Mb/10 Minutes flasher then it worths my $$$.

So, has anyone done it to confirm it works both as a dual boot solution and as a flasher?

Edited by babylonx, 18 October 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#130 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(babylonx @ Oct 18 2011, 07:27 AM) View Post

I understood that.

My question is: Has anyone else done it? Cygnos has a microprocessor on it and it actively connects to the computer through usb and controls that 16mb nand. It's not a passive method like switching the ce pin's between nands. What makes you so sure that just replacing the nand will work? Switching and dual booting might be working but I believe that flashing operations through the cygnos will not! So you must use the jtag interface and an external usb spi flasher or an lpt cable again to read and write the nands!

Long story short, I might give my 50 to 75 bucks for just a very expensive nand switch! A nand switch I could do myself using simple and cheap components. But if the package also includes a 512Mb/10 Minutes flasher then it worths my $$$.

So, has anyone done it to confirm it works both as a dual boot solution and as a flasher?

I personally dont think replacing the 512mb nand on the cygnos360v2 would work because like you said it does have a controller on it and if it was that easy they would have done that design in the revision F instead of making the revision F only a reader writer. But I am not sure. I cant be certain until someone tries it.
I know that hardware wise switching the 512mb chip on your xbox360 motherboard will work and changing the resistors next to it to use the 16mb nand but the whole other issue is getting the 512mb nand dump to work on the 16mb nand. If you wanted to do it I am sure it can be done but I am not sure how to go about it.

As far as older versions, the cygnos360v1 does not have a flasher. you would have to lift the CE pin or cut the trace on the motherboard and use a Infectious or SPI Flasher with it. The Cygnos360v1 also does not reset the Southbridge when switching from nand to nand. The Cygnos360v1 is like the nandwich.

Edited by Antman1, 18 October 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#131 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Got my nand-glichip installed and working, only 2 wires running topside for CE and CPLD ground:
IPB Image

The topside isn't so clean, but this is a work-in-progress:
IPB Image

#132 finalman

finalman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Mines done... here it is:

Schematic:

IPB Image

Completed:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by finalman, 27 October 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#133 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Oct 24 2011, 03:18 PM) View Post

Got my nand-glichip installed and working, only 2 wires running topside for CE and CPLD ground:
[/img]

The topside isn't so clean, but this is a work-in-progress:
[/img]

Very Very sexy! lol. This is what I predict will happen with this rgh mod for the future. Now if you add the flasher for the spi interface to it and make it reset the Southbridge when switching nands it will be perfect. other than that I really like it. smile.gif Good job!

QUOTE(finalman @ Oct 27 2011, 02:52 AM) View Post

Mines done... here it is:

Very Clean finalman! Good work on this.

#134 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Oct 27 2011, 06:56 AM) View Post

Very Very sexy! lol. This is what I predict will happen with this rgh mod for the future. Now if you add the flasher for the spi interface to it and make it reset the Southbridge when switching nands it will be perfect. other than that I really like it. smile.gif Good job!

Honestly, I dont see the point in adding the SPI flasher 'cuz once the hack is done you can update thru Xell. I'm already working on another board with a 12f629 or 683 on board to reset the southbridge.

#135 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Oct 27 2011, 11:14 AM) View Post

Honestly, I dont see the point in adding the SPI flasher 'cuz once the hack is done you can update thru Xell. I'm already working on another board with a 12f629 or 683 on board to reset the southbridge.

very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users