• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmsdetroit2

jmsdetroit2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

HI all i am new to the forum (only after i extensively searched google with no luck). I have a basic undersatnding of computers but i mostly rely on tutorials. I just recently flashed my dvd drive (though im not sure that has anything to do with it) and i tried my first backup game and it worked. Then my controllers stopped working. I thought it was the batteries so i went and bought brand new ones. But i still could not get them to sync or turn the console on. After a little while i discovered i could get them to sync and turn the console on if they were only inches from the console. but the slightest move and they lose signal. Everything i could find on google is for peoples controllers not working at all. Has anyone ever had controllers only work when they are right next to the console? Could this be the result of a bad rf module? i hope so cuz it looks really easy to fix, but im confused as to why the controllers would work at all if that was the problem. I have a rrod xbox and im gonna attempt to switch the rf boards(is that a good idea? i already used the dvd drive out of it) but i need to get the right screwdriver first. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Yes, RF change could resolve your problem.

#3 jmsdetroit2

jmsdetroit2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

But why would my controllers be able to sync at all if the rf is bad? Is there any other possibilities?

#4 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

If the board is about to die the wireless range could be effected, it does appear odd but nothing else could really be causing it, i had a box that didnt sync at all and swapping the RF Board did the trick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users