• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AliMoose

AliMoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Since there is still not enough space on a regular DVD+R DL disc to hold the entire XGD3 game partition, not to mention the Layer 1 Video partition, this is not at all recommended as being "safe" for Xbox LIVE.

I believe this was confirmed as false by c4eva but if this is true does this mean that they are not safe to play online? Or are a higher risk than xgd2? Are are they actually going to be safe as long as they are on the ABGX verified list?

Although it is set by default in ImgBurn, please ensure that under Tools > Settings > Write, you have "Layer Break (For DL Media)" set to "Calculate Optimal".

Please ensure that the layerbreak is set as 2133520 in the .dvd file. If you already have the XGD2 (or other) layerbreak value set in ImgBurn, the .dvd of the XGD3 ISO will override that setting and use the proper layerbreak.

So will I HAVE to change the layer break? Or can I keep it on ImgBurn as the layerbreak for XGD2 discs and when I burn the disc, it will just override the layer break automatically? Because I still have some XGD2 games that I am waiting to be verified to be burned but if I have to go back and forth and change the layer break then that's fine, I just hope I'll be able to remember.

Hope you guys can answer these questions so I'm clear and can stay as safe as possible. Thanks!

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

set the layerbreak to optimal in setting of IMGburn

when you load the .dvd file it overrides the settings to whatever is in the .dvd file so XGD2 games will burn at 131760 as long as .dvd file is correct, and XDG will burn as long as its .dvd file is correct

and live safe? are you shitting me? backups on live are never safe no matter what anyone says including C4

buy the damn game if you are so worried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users