5 replies to this topic

#1 Shulgin

Shulgin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hey Guys,

Completely new to the whole soft mod scene and am currently trying to softmod my original xbox.
Having some problems, I have read and re-read at least 50 odd tutorials and haven't found an answer so am wondering if you guys will be able to help.

Here we go, so I've gotten hold of the splinter cell game saves from "Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1". Ive extracted the folders "5553000c and 21585554" and injected them, using xplorer360, onto a usb that has been formatted by the xbox and attached using a home made cable, also the xbox sees the thumb drive as a memory card.

Now I can view them as being on the thumb drive with explorer360, but when I go onto the memory section on the xbox and view the memory card is appears to be blank, i.e has no game saves on it. As a result I can't copy game save exploits onto the xbox sad.gif

Hopefully I've made a stupid mistake that can be easily fixed and I've given you guys enough info.

Any help in resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shulgin

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Have you actually checked the USB flash drive will allow you to copy other games saves from the Xbox's HDD and then visa-versa? If it does then you should be good to go and there's likely something else wrong. But first you need to be certain the flash drive is behaving itself as a memory card should do.

There are a vast number of unusual ways non-official memory devices may fail to work correctly with the Xbox. It could be that is the case here.

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

5553000c and 21585554
arent in a folder are they?

make sure they are in rout of the memory device. and not zipped or any thing.
just the 2 folders 5553000c / 21585554 and theire contents.

#4 Shulgin

Shulgin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

Shambles: yeah they're defiantly unzipped and are just the folders and their contents.

Fallenangle: went to the gamsaves that are saved on the xbox, when I select them I only get an erase option, I assume that this means the USB drive isn't acting like a memory card ?

Shulgin

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

Have to ask this: did you click on the main game icon or the individual save files?

If you click on the main game icon (the big one on the left) you'll only get the delete option.

Various games do also lock themselves to the particular Xbox they were created by and so the individual save files may also only present the delete option too.

Even if no memory device is present the copy option is still shown so my guess is one of the above explanations smile.gif

Solution: click on an individual game save and if that only shows the delete option you know that game can't be copied and therefore can't be used to test your flash drive. Obvious next move is to find a game save on the HDD that can be copied and try that.

#6 Shulgin

Shulgin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

hahah god I'm dumb sometimes. Ok so am able to transfer individual gamesaves onto the usb drive and the xbox is able to "see" them when i open up the memory card icon on the xobox. However xplorer360 is not able to see them and no I haven't formated it, it's stil a FATX format. Now I'm using windows 7 not sure if that's a problem or not but thought I'd mention it anyway

Aaron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users