7 replies to this topic

#1 Wonky

Wonky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hi!
I just followed the instructions of a tutorial to add a new a new dvd player as the original was dead! So I just used a "Y" cable to connect the PC dvd player as it's said. But after installation I get an error 07. I tried all the combinations with the jumpers in the dvd player and in the hdd. All the cables are well connected.
So help me please, I'm about to cry!
Here's the link for the tutorial: http://www.e-kiwi.ne...c-sur-xbox.html

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

i think error 07 is a ide error.. (not 100% il check and edit in a minuet if not)
But if it is then you should check that the ide cable is connected properly to the mother board dvd and the hard disk

also make sure that the yello power cable is still connected to the xbox's dvd drive (although that would be error 12 if it was not connected properly)

ok i checked and it is the error i thought it was.
So check the cable is connected properly every where.

Edited by shambles1980, 02 October 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#3 Wonky

Wonky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

The ide cable is properly connected because when I remove the pc player and do the normal installation it works as it used to.

I checked it again but still no changes.

But... Can this error occur because the hdd behaves like a slave? That'd mean 2 slaves on the same IDE. The jumper was originally at the second spot (from the left) but as the xbox froze at the start I moved it to the 3rd which led to the error 07. I don't know exactly in which state the hdd is. It's a Seagate.

Edited by Wonky, 02 October 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Wonky @ Oct 2 2011, 09:08 AM) View Post

The ide cable is properly connected because when I remove the pc player and do the normal installation it works as it used to.

I checked it again but still no changes.

But... Can this error occur because the hdd behaves like a slave? That'd mean 2 slaves on the same IDE. The jumper was originally at the second spot (from the left) but as the xbox froze at the start I moved it to the 3rd which led to the error 07. I don't know exactly in which state the hdd is. It's a Seagate.

The hard disk is suposed to be set to master...
The dvd setto slave...

If it was un moded before you did that the hard disk as set to cable select. And to use cable select the hard disk and dvd need to be set to the same

Edited by shambles1980, 02 October 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#5 Wonky

Wonky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Oct 2 2011, 01:28 PM) View Post

If it was un moded before you did that the hard disk as set to cable select. And to use cable select the hard disk and dvd need to be set to the same

I don't know what you mean? Do you want me to set them both to CS?
When the hdd is set to Master the xbox freezes when I turn it on! I'll try again and tell you with more details. Can this be the reason of the error 07?

Alright I read more about the Seagate hdd: I set them both to CS so that the hdd is set as master and the player as slave. It doesn't freeze, I just get the error 07.

Edited by Wonky, 02 October 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#6 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Wonky @ Oct 2 2011, 03:03 PM) View Post

I don't know what you mean? Do you want me to set them both to CS?
When the hdd is set to Master the xbox freezes when I turn it on! I'll try again and tell you with more details. Can this be the reason of the error 07?

Alright I read more about the Seagate hdd: I set them both to CS so that the hdd is set as master and the player as slave. It doesn't freeze, I just get the error 07.

Error 07 is a time out message..
Check the ide cable for damage/connection...
Check the power supply to the hard disk and dvd player.
Set the hard disk to master. and dvd player to slave.
Use a diferent ide cable if you have to. Use a diferent dvd player iif you have to.
You can set both the dvd and the hard disk to cable select if needed but manualy setting them slave and master is better usualy.

#7 Wonky

Wonky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Still no changes. But I think the Y cable is not working correctly. I'll change it and try tomorrow.

#8 Wonky

Wonky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

The cable seems to work correctly. I set the hdd as "master" and the player as "slave" but now it freezes at the start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users