• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the_importer

the_importer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Team Ninja Games And Their Saved Game Protection, Is It Now Possible (in 2011) to bypass this problem?

So I found a limited Crystal Edition Original XBOX with a 120GB HDD, Modchip, controller and hookups for $50, great deal yes? I wanted one since the 360's backward compatibility sucks and is far from perfect at the little it can do.

I learned how Evolution X works, got the FTP connection to work and ripped my Original XBOX game data from my 360 using Xplorer and the XBOX Official data transfer cable. I then sent them to my Crystal XBOX via FTP and got all of my games to to load the saved files with the exception of Dead or Alive Ultimate.

So is there a way after all these years to bypass the copy protection in Team Ninja games?

Thanks

Edited by the_importer, 02 October 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

This is actually an interesting post, but I don't know if there will be enough of a demand for a solution to this issue to warrant it's research.

We know that on the original xbox, certain games simply take parts of the xbox eeprom and use it as a salt in creating a basic security signature for any resulting game saves. What we need to figure out, in the case of xbox 360 BC (backwards compatibility), is how this "virtual xbox eeprom" is created for original xbox games on the 360. What parts of the xbox 360's key vault (if any) are used to generate said "virtual eeprom", assuming that it isn't totally made up (randomly generated), and is actually based on real hardware numbers. Once we figure this out, we could take this virtual eeprom data from the 360's "original xbox virtual machine" and convert it into an actual working eeprom for the original xbox and then this problem could be solved.

I don't know enough about the 360 to get this data and if I did, I don't even own one to try to get it, but as you can see, this question is essentially about the 360.

EDIT:Wasn't there a tool that dealt with this issue concerning xbox eeprom protected saves? I've never used it, but in theory, if it was reliable, this tool could also be used that same way on original xbox saves taken from a 360.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 03 October 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#3 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Ok, I did a little trial and error stuff and I found that the game save signing system concerning both Team Ninja, and EA games use (specifically) the Unique HDD Key found in the xbox eeprom. The games check this key on both the EEprom chip, and HD itself, and then compares the two. The xbox 360 does not have an HDD key, but it could be as simple as 2 other keys combined, such as 16-byte dvd key written twice to equal a 32-byte line.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Edited by xboxmods2977, 03 October 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

there is a tool, but it needs the offset and datalength for each game you want to re-sign, it doesnt have DOA ultimate (but if you find the info you can add it to the ini file)

normally i would say just flash the new xbox with the same eeprom (or edit the eeprom with the same HDD key) but i dont know how that info is calculated from a 360

#5 the_importer

the_importer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Found this site:

http://minimo.co.kr/...order_type=desc

and this is what I found for the XBox Game Save Re-signer program

[54430006]
ID=54430006
Title=Dead or Alive Ultimate (Profile Data)
SigKey=42CBF532BF1FD14739D0F7F66DF8B7B1 (ok, extracted from xbe by xbetool)
AuthKey=ABE271A6536BFAB6D963FCADA0EF0B9C (i don't have idea how can i get this,
but i see authkey and i figure it out like author key, soon.. my hddkey?)
DataFile=ups.dat (the file of profiles)
DataLen=12148 (openning ups.dat with hexeditor i got this offset, should be lenght of file?)
SigType= (i don't have idea what kind it's can be, should be NoRoam)
DataOffset= (i can't get this values, because i don't know how to)
SigOffset= (i can't get this values, because i don't know how to)

Gonna give this a try.

#6 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

Be sure and report back if that program is able to calculate the original key used by the 360 to sign the save. This data could be helpful to speed up the process for others attempting to do this. Especially if you have your keyvault info to compare against.

As a side note, you could get your task completed much faster if you had one of the games listed in the re-signer program's ini file. You could pop said game in, assuming it is on the 360's original xbox game compatibility list, and create a gamesave, then extract the save from the 360 to the PC and use the save editor to calculate the "HDD Key" that was used to sign the save. From there, the rest is easy.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 04 October 2011 - 01:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users