#1 InspectorMustache

InspectorMustache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hi!

This is my slimbox setup.

There are two fans. One in the regular position and another on the left side, next to the HD. The HD is mounted above the left heat sink which is why I've glued the DVD and holder together so there's plastic between the HD and the heatsink.

The fans are 60mm (these), they are quite efficient and there are two of them.
So now, my problem is: After playing a while, the CPU temp still climbs to and stays at 59/60 C. I guess that's barely okay but are there any ways I might get better temperatures by restructuring?

Thanks!

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(InspectorMustache @ Oct 5 2011, 05:34 PM) View Post

Hi!

This is my slimbox setup.

There are two fans. One in the regular position and another on the left side, next to the HD. The HD is mounted above the left heat sink which is why I've glued the DVD and holder together so there's plastic between the HD and the heatsink.

The fans are 60mm (these), they are quite efficient and there are two of them.
So now, my problem is: After playing a while, the CPU temp still climbs to and stays at 59/60 C. I guess that's barely okay but are there any ways I might get better temperatures by restructuring?

Thanks!

your wires are pretty messy there...
I would definatly start tydying them up with either zip tie thingy's or some tape or something.

Personaly i would hav the air Blowing in the case from the left. and the fan thats where the original fan was Blowing the air out of the back.
You could also make some ducting to channel the air better through the heatsink. *like on a 360"

the temps are probably fine though.

#3 InspectorMustache

InspectorMustache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, wires are pretty messy. I had most of this stuff installed before I made the XBox slim, so I needed longer wires to make do with the limited space. But I'll try to turn the left fan around and see where that gets me, thanks for the tip.

#4 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Turning the fan on the left to point inward will help but, those fans you are using just flat out dont move much air when the case is closed. I've tried using those to make a quiet case and they lasted about 20 minutes before I took them out. My temps skyrocketed since they just dont move much air.

One other thing you can do it cut the plastic grill behind the rear fan, that way you get the most air flow possible with nothing in the way and make sure the fans are running at max speed. Give those two things a shot and see what happens. And clean up those cables for better flow, it looks like you've got alot going on in there lol.

Edited by Nextelhalo, 06 October 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#5 InspectorMustache

InspectorMustache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Turning the fan on the left to point inward will help

Actually, turning it to inward increased the temperature by about 8 degrees (Celsius) so I switched it back around.

but, those fans you are using just flat out dont move much air when the case is closed. I've tried using those to make a quiet case and they lasted about 20 minutes before I took them out. My temps skyrocketed since they just dont move much air.

True, but that's why I used two and did a little bit of research to get some with more than decent stats. Also, good 70x70 fans are hard to come by and 80x80 won't fit into a slimbox. Not into mine, at least.

One other thing you can do it cut the plastic grill behind the rear fan, that way you get the most air flow possible with nothing in the way and make sure the fans are running at max speed. Give those two things a shot and see what happens. And clean up those cables for better flow, it looks like you've got alot going on in there lol.

I removed the plastic grill, don't know if it made a whole lot of difference but cleaning up the cables inside the case definitely did. Under average CPU strain my temps now stay under 60 C, if I increase the workload they go to 63 C at a max. Not amazing, but good enough, I guess.

Edited by InspectorMustache, 15 October 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#6 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

I'd switch out the hdd for a 2.5", that'll improve your airflow

#7 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Holy shit, do you work for a Calcutta power company with that wiring. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users