#1 bueskull85

bueskull85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

hello, I accidentally unlocked harddrive after soft mod know i get xbox error 5 code. Not sure how to fix it

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

xboxhdm and the backup copy of your eeprom that you made when you installed the softmod.

#3 bueskull85

bueskull85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 6 2011, 03:41 AM) View Post

xboxhdm and the backup copy of your eeprom that you made when you installed the softmod.

I would like more info.. explain. All i have is my xbox... and error 5 screen so how do i do all that you have mentioned.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

If you don't have a backup of your eeprom then you need more than a bit of explanation. Having a backup of your eeprom is ESSENTIAL for softmodded Xboxes - as you are about to find out.

If you are lucky you will be able to connect your hard drive to your PC and use Xplorer360 beta 6 to search through the drive to see if there is a file called eeprom.bin on there somewhere. If there is then you use that plus xboxhdm 1.9 or xboxhdm 2.2 (do a site search for loads of links) to relock your hard drive.

If you don't have a backup of your eeprom, and can't find it on the hard drive, then you need to buy or build an eeprom reader so you can retrieve the eeprom contents from your Xbox motherboard (see the link in my signature), or fit a chip.

#5 bueskull85

bueskull85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

The Harddrive shows up in the bio but does not show up once the xbox is booted. I do not have backup of it.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

As I said in my previous post, you have to use Xplorer360 beta 6 to search the contents of the drive once it is attached to your PC.

#7 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

1 connect the xbox to your pc. 100% to the pc power and ide everything..

2 boot to windows (if you have to replace your cd drive with your xbox hard dis to do this thats fine, but remember to change the jumpers)

3 run xplorer360 (google it) and tell it to open hard drive.

4 Browse the numberd folders on the left.

5 Find the backup folder on the right

6 find the eeprom.bin file in one of the folders in there

7. copy the eeprom.bin file to your pc.

8. turn off your computer dissconnect the xbox hard drive and reconnect your cd rom.

9. Boot back in to windows and use hxboxhdm 1.9 to make a iso (put the eeprom.bin file in to the linux\eeprom folder in xboxhdm before you make the iso)

10. use a image burning program to burn the iso to a cd.

11. turn off your pc.

12. change the xbox hard disk drive to master. change the PC cd/dvd player to slave

13. connect the xbox hard disk to your pc. replace your default hard disk with it if it is IDE

14. boot your pc to the bios. Set the default 1st boot device to CD/DVD

15. set the hdd detection of primary master to "none/off" save and exit the bios.. (see note at bottom if you cant set the detection to none or off)

16. when xboxhdm starts select option 3 "locking unlocking tools"

17. when you are able too type :
lockhd -a
Wait till the process completes successfully.

18. turn off your pc, your hard disk is now locked and can be used in your xbox.

"note. if you cant disable detection of your hard disk you have to leave the power unpluged form the hard disk untill after the pc has finished detecting your hard drives. connect the power to the hard disk before you select option 3 in xboxhdm"

if you cant find a eeprom.bin with xplorer360 then you will need to make or buy an eeprom reader.

Edited by shambles1980, 07 October 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#8 iraqeez

iraqeez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

Thanx for the tutorial shambles1980
bueskull85
Also you can use any modchip to solve the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users