Photo

Xbox 360 Modding For Custom Server Play?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeffman1

jeffman1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

wish to mod my starwars battlefront II for xbox 360 to use a custom server on a pc or other place. Anyone know how to do this?

#2 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

Well first off if this would be possible it would most likely only work on an Xbox not a 360 because of its backwards Compatibility. Hate to break it to you but its unlikely this will happen. I think the PC version you could probably do this just a suggestion.

#3 GTTeancum

GTTeancum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Actually the game *IS* backwards compatible on the 360, but that doesn't matter as it still uses the old Xbox Live from the original Xbox (which has been shut down for over a year). That's the networking service it used, it didn't use dedicated servers (and can't). Unfortunately the only way to play online is with an original Xbox via a tunneling app on your PC. Even if you had a modded 360 and could figure out how to get it running on your 360 there's no way to play online.

#4 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

I know it is backwards compatible I meant it is running through an emulator and such a hack might not run on the 360. The thing is it would take a dedicated team forever to hack and change code enough to accept and connect to a different server other than Xbox Live since we know very little about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users