8 replies to this topic

#1 cardboard

cardboard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

Hello,

Long story short, I buggered my Xecuter 2.3b lite with a bad flash; it happens!

Curious to know what my recovery options are, I know I could purchase the Xecuter mini programmer thing and recover my mod chip that way but are there any (cheaper) alternatives I could try before going that route?

I do have a v1.1 and v1.6 laying around that I could soft mod, is it possible to flash a mod chip from a Xbox running a soft mod?

Thanks.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

Yes, if you fit the chip in the 1.6 you can boot the softmod then flash the chip.

#3 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Does the chip have an external switch to disable the modchip? If the xbox boots with the chip disabled you could boot into an softmod or exploit and then switch the chip on and flash it

#4 cardboard

cardboard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

This is good news, even more so because I actually found the HDD to my 1.6 and it still boots!

Couple of quick questions regarding flashing a Xecuter 2.3b lite+ from a softmodded 1.6, I realize I have to do the LPC rebuild to get the 2.3b lite+ working on the 1.6, from the information I found it looks like soldering 4 connections on the LPC bus to various points on the underside of the main board... this I can handle.

Once I get the 2.3b lite+ working on the 1.6, is flashing as easy as enabling the flashing option in the evox.ini, adding my BIOS and flashing or are there additional tricks?

Seeing as the 2.3b lite+ is going back in my v1.0, do I have to toggle the switch on the 2.3b lite+ from 1.0-1.1 to 1.2-1.5 in order to flash it on the 1.6? Additionally can I flash a 1.0 BIOS on the 2.3b lite+ from a 1.6 (I don't see why not, but I thought I would ask)?

Would it be easier to flash the 2.3b lite+ with a cromwell BIOS on the 1.6, swap it back to the 1.0 and install a BIOS that way?

Thanks.

QUOTE(Joes2Silly @ Oct 7 2011, 05:39 PM)  

Does the chip have an external switch to disable the modchip? If the xbox boots with the chip disabled you could boot into an softmod or exploit and then switch the chip on and flash it

Missed your post, was in the middle of posting my last reply.

Yes, the chip does have switches; yet I inadvertently unlocked the HDD and now it will not boot to the MS dash. I think I am stuck with flashing the chip via a softmod on another machine and installing it back into the original machine.

Thanks.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Yes, you flash from Evox, and yes you can flash a 1.0-1.5 BIOS while the chip is in the 1.6 Xbox.

If by Cromwell you mean FlashBIOS then yes, that would work, but no, it wouldn't be any easier.

#6 cardboard

cardboard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 7 2011, 07:56 PM)  

Yes, you flash from Evox, and yes you can flash a 1.0-1.5 BIOS while the chip is in the 1.6 Xbox.

If by Cromwell you mean FlashBIOS then yes, that would work, but no, it wouldn't be any easier.

I did indeed mean FlashBIOS, thought it would be easier because I could just burn a BIOS to disc and flash that way versus setting up m evox.ini; but come to think of it, if I am flashing the FlashBIOS via Evox then I may as well flash my desired BIOS using that method.

Thank you all for your replies, I will give this a try in the coming days and let you know how I make out. I think I have all the information I need at the moment to get this going.

Thanks.

#7 cardboard

cardboard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Is it possible to flash the chip from a softmod running on any other version besides the 1.6? I have tried to install my chip on my v1.6 but all it does is frag anytime I fire it up.

Thanks.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

No. On all boxes before 1.6 you can only flash the location you booted the BIOS from, which for a softmod is the onboard TSOP.

#9 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

Cardboard where to you live as I have the programmer for the Lite 2,3 maybe I can sort something out for you, I only bought one as mine did exactly what yours has done.

Edited by big F Mk II, 24 October 2011 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users