• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ariesone

ariesone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

I am sure this has been posted previously but if you didn't see this, give this a go to dump your slim keys on a locked drive. I would have used a X360 USB but availability is really a problem where I live and it takes forever to come through postage.

Firstly, I have a VIA 6421 Sata card and tried using it with a bi-directional Sata to IDE converter with no luck. I see that it did work for others but for whatever reason, I kept on getting 0X51 which was really frustrating.

This method works like this...

You will need:
Via 6421
Sata to USB converter
A way to power your slim drive

For a usb to sata converter, I used a sata HDD enclosure and very simply broke off the power side of it so that the sata port will fit into the slim pcb.

Have your PC booted up and ready and start Jungle Flasher while your drive is OFF. Plug in the Sata port with the enclosure and connect to the USB port on your PC.

Power on your your slim drive.

Now, without turning off your drive, remove the Sata to USB and connect the drive to your VIA 6421 Sata.

Refresh the ports on Jungle Flasher and proceed to that DVD KEY 32 tab and click slim unlock. Select NO and the Key should dump 100%.

Note.. If you turn off the drive at any point, you have to put the Sata to USB first before powering back on otherwise you will get 0x51 again.

If you wish to unlock the Drive, follow above procedure and click MTK Flash tab and intro drive and follow the normal unlock procedure using Geremia's Unlock method or the Russian method for MXIC.

I unlocked a few MXIC's and messed up 1 Winbond so please use caution with winbond(still waiting for a replacement board).

I hope in the time to come, there is another method for unlocking winbonds but I am confident that it will happen as long as skilled hackers like Geremia are still around.

Good luck

#2 boneym

boneym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

This is confirmed working 100%
open jungleflasher,
power up the drive with a usb to sata adaptor connected, (even cheap 3 in 1 types seem to work)
this seems to force the 0225 drive into vendor mode and 0x72
then by hot swopping the sata to the via 6421 and refreshing the port you can slimkey the drive
NO to unlock and dump drive, it will try and autoload but you will have invalid status as jf has kicked the drive out of vendor so we have to repeat the process,
so to write you have to do the same again ,
so start jf and have your prepared cfw in target
using the slimkey dummy.bin you have just dumped as source and LT2.0 as target then click spoof source to target.
then you can power up the drive with the usb to sata adaptor connected,
hot swop to the via 6421 card port,
refresh the port
intro the drive
you will get prompt about 0x8c the spi is locked,
yes to unlock, wait for dots and choose use your method to unlock,
sputnik for mxic,
or kamikazi for winbond,
get 0x00 and write
you can relock the drive to 0x8c by clicking the 0x00 button.
its a cheaper way than the x360usbpro/lizard route.

#3 nannou

nannou

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

not working for me. what am I doing wrong? sad.gif

#4 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

If this works then that is awesome, no drilling, no probes, no bullshit.

Amazing work.

#5 nannou

nannou

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

this is just to get the drive in to vendor mode without the use of the x360usb pro
you will always need to drill/sputnik your drive.

#6 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

I can also confirm this works. After a day of trying to dump my slim key on both my VIA and Intel sata chipsets I took apart my seagate external USB drive and used the little USB doo hicky on that. But instead of destroying anything I wittled on the end of a SATA cable to make it fit into the seagate connector.

I had to try the above method in this thread a few times in JF but it finally dumped, im happier than a pig in poop I got my key yee haw smile.gif

#7 Hexx

Hexx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

This is awesome. pop.gif

#8 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

even more awesome if you are a cheapskate check out how I did mine! lol. Thanks Microsoft.

I was able to use my VIA chipset to read the "Slimkey" and write the new LT+2.0 by using the external USB Method. 

Me being a cheapskate I didnt have a USB to SATA adapter handy so I used the Microsoft HDD Transfer kit and made an adapter to connect my 0225 drive to it.

First I plugged my 0225 into the usb to Sata adapter (Thanks Microsoft) and powered it on with the usb connected to my PC and ejected the tray. 

I then disconnected the sata cable from the drive (leaving it still powered on) and connected the SATA from my PC to the drive.  JF 1.89 loaded right up and SlimKey did its thing without problems. 

I then made my LT+ 2.0 firmware to flash back to the drive and powered off the drive then connected the SATA from the USB to SATA adapter I fabricated and powered the drive back on and ejected the tray and plugged the VIA SATA cable back in same as before.  This time I tried writing back the LT+ 2.0 and it gave an error about needing to resend because of the drive status.  I repeated the process a couple of times with no success. 

So then I repeated the process with the USB to SATA one more time but used Dosflash32 to write the firmware back to the drive and it worked just fine.

Here is my Microsoft USB to SATA Cable:

IPB Image

#9 ginncorvus

ginncorvus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

#10 funbox360

funbox360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

So Antman, are you saying you can 'write' firmware to the 0225 using via chipset and dosflash?
Would you be able to give a stepbystep of using doshflash and what goes where? I got the firmware off the 0225 with usb method, but not sure which and where files go to use dosflash.

#11 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(funbox360 @ Oct 17 2011, 10:32 AM) View Post

So Antman, are you saying you can 'write' firmware to the 0225 using via chipset and dosflash?
Would you be able to give a stepbystep of using doshflash and what goes where? I got the firmware off the 0225 with usb method, but not sure which and where files go to use dosflash.

I should have mentioned that I did the Kamakazi unlock for the SPI first.

then after I made the firmware with jungleflasher I plugged the 0225 drive into the usb adapter powered on the drive and ejected the tray then closed it then unhooked the sata from usb adapter then reconnected it to my via chipset and opened Dosflash32 and it detected it and allowed me to flash it.

#12 Mik3h

Mik3h

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Was nervous about doing this along with the Kamikaze hack on my 1-day old slim gears of war xbox, but I carefully marked it out on the chip and used a scalpel (the thing you use on bodies lmao) and managed to get the key and unlock the SPI and write the firmware to it on my liteon 1071 drive.

Thank you very much, saved me from having to shell out for a USBpro or something.

#13 sdboltdude

sdboltdude

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

works great was able to read and write and get key with no prob
all i had to do was power off conect to usb power on hot swap a couple of times was fast and ez
thanks for great info

used a usb to sata adapt from frys only $12 worth every penny and it came with molex power adapt for wall outlet so worked out great...(x360usb is in the mail still wanted to try if worked and it does)

#14 Falcon01

Falcon01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

Please see the guide i wrote on some other website.
Here's the link

#15 fffttt

fffttt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Could you write the cracker firmware back to the drive? Somebody said it can not be fully writed using via6421 card.

QUOTE(boneym @ Oct 10 2011, 08:07 AM) View Post

This is confirmed working 100%
open jungleflasher,
power up the drive with a usb to sata adaptor connected, (even cheap 3 in 1 types seem to work)
this seems to force the 0225 drive into vendor mode and 0x72
then by hot swopping the sata to the via 6421 and refreshing the port you can slimkey the drive
NO to unlock and dump drive, it will try and autoload but you will have invalid status as jf has kicked the drive out of vendor so we have to repeat the process,
so to write you have to do the same again ,
so start jf and have your prepared cfw in target
using the slimkey dummy.bin you have just dumped as source and LT2.0 as target then click spoof source to target.
then you can power up the drive with the usb to sata adaptor connected,
hot swop to the via 6421 card port,
refresh the port
intro the drive
you will get prompt about 0x8c the spi is locked,
yes to unlock, wait for dots and choose use your method to unlock,
sputnik for mxic,
or kamikazi for winbond,
get 0x00 and write
you can relock the drive to 0x8c by clicking the 0x00 button.
its a cheaper way than the x360usbpro/lizard route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users