Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

ISO2GOD v1.3.6
Posted by XanTium | October 9 19:37 EST | News Category: Xbox360

KrK / Team 360h released a version of ISO2GOD, a tool used to convert an Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 ISO images into Games on Demand containers, removing the need for a DVD drive in your 360 for XDK-homebrew 360s.

What's new/fixed:
* XGD3 ISO images can now be opened.

Official Site: n/a, by KrK/Team 360h
Download: here[installer] | here[no-installer]
News-Source: xboxhacker.org

#2 jm206

jm206

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

Option to skip $SystemUpdate folder? Yes? No?

#3 4_Node_BBS

4_Node_BBS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

Download the non installer version. Virus Total shows a bunch of issues with xextool.exe. False positives?

Virus Total Link

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Yes, false positives.

#5 scoltar

scoltar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Wow! It came much faster than I expected! Thank you so much for this utility! biggrin.gif Makes things a LOT easier!

#6 nightmareZz

nightmareZz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

seems like a good tool

#7 AmyGrrl

AmyGrrl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

You can manually update xextool to v6.1. Virus Total only shows one false postive for that version of the tool.

#8 utopian

utopian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hey so I am new to the Jtag scene but seem to be getting the hang of things...

Here is what I want to do, I want to take all my iso images and make all my games ready for GOD mode when I can hack my dash on my slim....

So is this the correct way of doing things since I dont see anywhere for ISO2GOD to skip the system update folder. I rip the game using XBOX-360-ISO-Extract-V0.6 or Xbox Image Browser allowing me to skip the sys update folder, then I use Create ISO by froggy 007 prerelease to recreate a new iso, then I am using ISO2GOD with the new iso image without the system update folders.

Seems like a lot of steps but I dont mind I have time waiting for the hacked kernal....

Let me know if this sounds right to you, if so good on me lol

#9 Knasen

Knasen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Nice work, was waiting for this smile.gif

Regarding the $systemupdate stuff some people are nervous about; I never remove that folder, just convert to GOD and play and have never had any problems sofar. Afaik as long as you have the newest dash it won't ask to update (why would it need to), and even if it somehow would autoupdate without asking for permission then the removed/bridged R6T3 resistor on the motherboard would prevent any actual e-fuse burns. Finally, dashlaunch default settings for "noupdater" parameter is true, meaning it will actively prevent the xbox from running any systemupdates at all.

Edited by Knasen, 10 October 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#10 jimbo70

jimbo70

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(utopian @ Oct 10 2011, 02:32 PM) View Post

So is this the correct way of doing things since I dont see anywhere for ISO2GOD to skip the system update folder. I rip the game using XBOX-360-ISO-Extract-V0.6 or Xbox Image Browser allowing me to skip the sys update folder, then I use Create ISO by froggy 007 prerelease to recreate a new iso, then I am using ISO2GOD with the new iso image without the system update folders.

Seems like a lot of steps but I dont mind I have time waiting for the hacked kernal....

The method you mention would probably work but as you stated it's quite a few steps. Is there a reason you need/want to use GOD's? You could just run the ISO's through the first program you mentioned, XBOX-360-ISO-Extract-V0.6 and leave them that way. You can just copy the folder created by that program to the "Games" folder on your internal or external Xbox hard drive & play them that way via FSD or XeXloader. The game should be about the same size either way you do it (GOD or just ISO extract) and plays the same. I think the only real benefit to making a GOD may be that it could be played via the regular dash, but you could just use ISO extract & Quickboot to do this too.

Edited by jimbo70, 10 October 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#11 exchaos19

exchaos19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(jimbo70 @ Oct 10 2011, 10:27 PM) View Post

The method you mention would probably work but as you stated it's quite a few steps. Is there a reason you need/want to use GOD's? You could just run the ISO's through the first program you mentioned, XBOX-360-ISO-Extract-V0.6 and leave them that way. You can just copy the folder created by that program to the "Games" folder on your internal or external Xbox hard drive & play them that way via FSD or XeXloader. The game should be about the same size either way you do it (GOD or just ISO extract) and plays the same. I think the only real benefit to making a GOD may be that it could be played via the regular dash, but you could just use ISO extract & Quickboot to do this too.

I personally have fsd 2.0 rc whatevs and I very much prefer god containers rather than copying the file paths from the disc. It just seems easier to me... like using nxe2god when you copy a disc rather than ripping it to your computer and then copying it back down or something like that.

#12 HiGhLaNdR

HiGhLaNdR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:360
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Still waiting for a good tool to extract the ISO to the xbox via ftp.
XBOX-360-ISO-Extract-V0.6 is very buggy... and not so nice interface.
But i'm happy that it exists tongue.gif
Then I use the x360gamehack to remove the dash update stuff.
Launch via FSD.

Cheers.

#13 leo5150

leo5150

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

i have seen people turning a 3 dvd game into one big god file, how do you do it? pop.gif

#14 Glottiz

Glottiz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(leo5150 @ Oct 11 2011, 04:49 AM) View Post

i have seen people turning a 3 dvd game into one big god file, how do you do it? pop.gif

don't do it, there are multi disc plugins for this and they work perfect. FSD has one integrated, also there's a plugin for dashlaunch.

also i want to thank the devs of ISO2GOD for fast update.

#15 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Knasen @ Oct 10 2011, 02:28 PM) View Post

Nice work, was waiting for this smile.gif

Regarding the $systemupdate stuff some people are nervous about; I never remove that folder, just convert to GOD and play and have never had any problems sofar.
-snip-
Finally, dashlaunch default settings for "noupdater" parameter is true, meaning it will actively prevent the xbox from running any systemupdates at all.

Bingo. I've got at least 50 full games installed on my system, all ISO2GOD, and never been prompted to update. I've only updated the dashboard when I had to. No need for anyone to jump through all those hoops.

QUOTE(leo5150 @ Oct 10 2011, 08:49 PM) View Post

Extract the files, combine files, create ISO, convert that ISO to GOD. It doesn't usually work, however. Every game's structure is different.

Edited by Toddler, 11 October 2011 - 10:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users