Photo

Jtag Any Xbox After Using Glitch (except Xenon).

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alexhore

alexhore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

I could be wrong please correct me if I am! But now that we can use the glitch and get our CPU key we can use an old trick to downgrade our kernal and therefore Jtag the xbox box that has had a fuse blown.

This process described below involves creating a tweeked Nand image.

http://forums.xbox-s...o...09683&st=30

It was tested but perhaps forgotton about due to most not knowing the CPU key.

Thoughts?

(I know the glitch will have its own upsides over Jtag eventualy but considering how much you can currenty do with the Jtag I would prefere to play with that for now)

Edited by alexhore, 10 October 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#2 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

Is not now or ever will be possible to downgrade and jtag, glitch is the only hope for moving forward .

#3 alexhore

alexhore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(hangover @ Oct 10 2011, 10:40 AM) View Post

Is not now or ever will be possible to downgrade and jtag, glitch is the only hope for moving forward .

Have you even looked at the thread?

Try this one.....

http://www.xboxhacke...g49977#msg49977

In the decrypted CF there is a "version lockdown counter" at 0x21F. Every time an update is applied (since version 4532) an eFuse is blown and the counter is incremented by 1 before it is written into the new CF. When booting, a check is made to ensure that the lockdown counter in the selected CF >= number of blown eFuses.
The good news is that we can modify the lockdown counter byte and re-encrypt the CF section. The bad news is that a hash of the first 0x220 bytes requires the CPU Key. So as long as we know our CPU Key we can downgrade to a vulnerable kernel.

1) Brand new XBox with 1888 & 2241
The Version Lockdown Counter in my 2241 CF is 0
2) Applied 4532
The Version Lockdown Counter in my 4532 CF is 1
Also fuseset 07: f000000000000000
3) Applied 4552
The Version Lockdown Counter in my 4552 CF is 2. Confirmed that I cant downgrade to unpatched 4532 dump
4) Fixed up a dump of 4532 with CF Lockdown Counter = 2. Boots!
Now when I dump my fuse data
fuseset 07: ff00000000000000
A second fuse was blown by 4552

#4 barnhilltrckn

barnhilltrckn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

Dude really???? Have you looked at the date on that thread? Its from 2007. The downgrade method has been done many many times years ago and it was ONLY to run the KK attack. The "Jtag" hack is just a modified version of the original KK attack and nothing more. Downgrading is a thing of the past not to mention you had to use an infectus to run the downgrade procedure on your xbox, it just isnt applicable today.

Also its funny your title says "except xenon" because xenons were the only consoles which you could downgrade in order to run the KK hack lmao. Im not being a dick i promise but i thought that was a little funny. Just do a little more reading next time ok. All the things you want to know about hacking the 360 is either here or scattered on many sites, just read, read, and when you think you have read enough, read some more. tongue.gif

Edited by barnhilltrckn, 10 October 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#5 alexhore

alexhore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(barnhilltrckn @ Oct 10 2011, 06:17 PM) View Post

Dude really???? Have you looked at the date on that thread? Its from 2007. The downgrade method has been done many many times years ago and it was ONLY to run the KK attack. The "Jtag" hack is just a modified version of the original KK attack and nothing more. Downgrading is a thing of the past not to mention you had to use an infectus to run the downgrade procedure on your xbox, it just isnt applicable today.

Also its funny your title says "except xenon" because xenons were the only consoles which you could downgrade in order to run the KK hack lmao. Im not being a dick i promise but i thought that was a little funny. Just do a little more reading next time ok. All the things you want to know about hacking the 360 is either here or scattered on many sites, just read, read, and when you think you have read enough, read some more. tongue.gif

Fair play, at least you responded with some background info. I only stuck except Xenon in the mix due to re-set only applying to non Xenon.
I aint been arround that long unfortunalty so working back trying to pick out the facts and the logic made sence when I read it.
From what I have read so far downgrading stopped with the Efuse but clearly it went on. Ill read some more! Lots more!!!!

#6 barnhilltrckn

barnhilltrckn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(alexhore @ Oct 11 2011, 10:22 AM) View Post

Fair play, at least you responded with some background info. I only stuck except Xenon in the mix due to re-set only applying to non Xenon.
I aint been arround that long unfortunalty so working back trying to pick out the facts and the logic made sence when I read it.
From what I have read so far downgrading stopped with the Efuse but clearly it went on. Ill read some more! Lots more!!!!

Yea no prob man. I actually didnt start modding till about 7yrs ago when my son was bored. I was used to partying all the time so i had to find a hobby that i could do while at home with the family. Ive always been interested in anything electronic so i started doing computers and it grew into all this. I starting reading and reading only to be amazed at the plethora of info out here.

Only thing to remember is to read up on what you want to do and you can always figure out what you want simply by doing some research. If you still have problems understanding certain aspects of what you want to do then there are ppl here ready and willing to help, but only if you come armed with basic information or they will nail you to the wall tongue.gif . Just enjoy it. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users