24 replies to this topic

#16 unclebree

unclebree

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Any possibility of a Wild Arms 2 menu fix?

#17 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(Koitsu @ Nov 18 2011, 04:21 AM) View Post

How's the beta with FF7?

QUOTE(unclebree @ Nov 18 2011, 03:57 PM) View Post

Any possibility of a Wild Arms 2 menu fix?

I don't think I got around to trying either of those games. Although I am unfamilar with what issues exist for FF7.

#18 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

FF8 is slow..er, during battles. I have a save during the Shinra elevator battles (after Cloud fights Rufus at the top) where it's particularly bad in general (so not just with Reloaded) if you're able to try out the game.

Edited by Koitsu, 19 November 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#19 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 19 2011, 08:38 AM) View Post

Although I am unfamilar with what issues exist for FF7.

I finished FF7 (PAL) 5-6 years ago using PCSXbox and I didn't notice any issues at all.

#20 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

I did mean to say FF7 (NTSC) again instead of FF8, but it's definitely slower in Reloaded during the fights. PCSXBOX v11 (it's the only one I'd made a disc of) plays pretty well during fights, but in Reloaded, I have a lag that's so bad, my characters end up dying before my commands go through or before I can even see them pop up.

#21 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Is this the 1.5r that I currently have in beta? Or the one released by netokl?

If it is mine you really need to report stuff like this in the beta thread so that I am aware of the issue.

Thanks

#22 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

It's netokl's 1.5R. I never got the beta, which is why I asked about FF7 instead of reporting on it. I was going to get the beta, but I think over at emux, you said it was pretty much done, so I decided to wait. I thought FF7 was a game that a lot of people would have tried, so I figured someone would know how it played.

In my experience, FF7 plays better on v11 than v21, but v21 plays better than 1.5R, so it's been getting worse. I just tested it a few days ago. The point is that while netokl's isn't yours, if yours is made from v21, an issue could still arise.

If you're still sending out the beta, I'll go over and ask for it there.

#23 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Sure makes sense..

Unfortunately as the PSX guys started making it more accurate things started getting slower. And believe it or not.. no Final Fantasy comments at all in the beta test threads.. As far as being done.. I was referring to the 1.5r core and any code "updates" as well as hopefully updated 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 as much as possible without slowdown.

However in regards to testing games and reporting possible issues.. no.. Just keep in mind if it had speed issues in v21 than chances are they are not improved. I think only games that may not be the case is the ones that ran too fast like wipeout.

#24 Asphodel

Asphodel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Koitsu @ Nov 20 2011, 04:57 PM) View Post

I did mean to say FF7 (NTSC) again instead of FF8, but it's definitely slower in Reloaded during the fights. PCSXBOX v11 (it's the only one I'd made a disc of) plays pretty well during fights, but in Reloaded, I have a lag that's so bad, my characters end up dying before my commands go through or before I can even see them pop up.

I Have been playing FF8 (and 9) for a while recently on the netokl-Reloaded; and there IS some slowdown during battles with 'spectacular' explosions or when using GF's. But thats just animation. No lags in te battle comands etc. Maybe I'm using other settings ?

O sorry misread (again). FF7 I don't know actually tongue.gif

Edited by Asphodel, 22 November 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#25 El Noel

El Noel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(cozmo72 @ Oct 14 2011, 12:38 AM) View Post
i have an image of worms Armageddon that is supposed to work with pcsxbox but doesn't work with any of the cores, want me to upload that? Also if ya need any help with anything just let me know what you need me to do smile.gif

You have to use a BIN/CUE rip and you have to launch it from the CUE sheet. Took me years to find that out, quite literally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users