#1 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:21 PM

Ok I've pretty much decided to get the X-ecuter 2.1 lite modchip, using the X2 4976.02 bios and the Evolution X dash. Is there any problem with this combo, and will I be able to upgrade the hd? I know I read somewhere that it depends on the bios, but I just read something that made me question if the 2.1 lite will allow me to do this. Also I saw that there is a 4977 Bios. Is this any better than the X2 4976.02, or should I go with the newest just because it's the newest?

(edit) Also, what apps do I need when I install the Evolution X dash? I've got all the ISO stuff downloaded, but I see all these hard drive locking/unlocking, ftp programs,file managers, game installers, ect.

Edited by Alpha-Omega, 07 July 2003 - 06:23 PM.

#2 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:37 PM

You need to a tad more reading...

The xecuter 2.1 lite will do you just fine, it will likely come pre-flashed with the cromwell bios so you will need to update the bios, your best bet is to update it with the excuter 4977 but if all you have handy is 4976.02 don't worry about, that will do just find. The evolution x dashboard is the best place to start dash wise, as far as other apps go? Who knows, that depends on what you are going to be doing with your xbox. Try them all, you'll find one you like.

#3 Tribal Kult

Tribal Kult

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:39 PM

Yes using this combo will be ok. You will be able also to upgrade your HD as well with this set. It is true however that it is a bios affair for the HD swapping but you don't have to worry since all newer bios allow you to do this.

I'd also go with the 4977 bios instead of the 4976.02 but not just because it is the newest but because it is the better one to date.

If you need advice on how to install Evox in your Xbox I recommend you to go take a look in the tutorials sections. You 'll find what you want there.

#4 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:44 PM

I've got tutorials comin out the ying-yang, I know how to do all this stuff, I just wanted to make sure. It would be kinda stupid to get all this stuff get halfway done then realize it won't work, now that would be stupid wouldn't it?! Does anyone know of any changes between the 4976.02 bios and the 4977 bios? I am going to go with the 4977, but I was just wondering for the sake of having that info.

#5 Tribal Kult

Tribal Kult

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:48 PM

Look here cause your answer is there: Your answer wink.gif

#6 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:50 PM

What's new/fixed:
* Permanent No Reset On Eject - Finally got around to adding this - HATED to have it reset in xbox media player :-)

Straight from the xecuter forums

http://teamxecuter.c...p?threadid=4209

#7 Alpha-Omega

Alpha-Omega

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:51 PM

Thanks all! It's nice to find a board where people don't flame newbies. I've been to a few that rip n00bs apart and it makes me angry, but oh well. Thanks again for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users