#17 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

it's up.

if you have tried to login to the ftp with previous credentials that might have banned you. join us on irc #emuxtras on efnet if that has happened.

#18 elconejotres

elconejotres

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Damn!!! cussing.gif just when I have major news for the pcecd and a new HUGE project concerning YS IV!!!! well at last the site is fine and runing now!!!! check the announcement this week in the forums!!!

#19 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

yay!! i'm on now. the shakes are gone... getting my fix!! love.gif

#20 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Just so anyone who wonders: "knows "

RessurectionX is the one who nuked our site a few days ago... sleep.gif dry.gif

deleting everything including our FTP information,

(which housed many great resources and new things being worked on )

He openly admitted it ....

The monster carelessly may have destroyed far more than he ever created, in one fell swoop! mad.gif

Luckily, we had backups of 99% of our work smile.gif

Know, that the Xtras are safe and exciting new updates are coming everyone's way in the near future!

Edited by Mega Man (?), 10 November 2011 - 06:49 AM.

#21 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(YRUSirius @ Nov 8 2011, 03:20 PM) View Post

I hope everything goes well. You guys at emuxtras were my first stop for all my xbox emulation needs. smile.gif

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms... smile.gif

-YRUSirius

Maybe this thread will make RX realize the size was/is about more than "his" project, in fact it has very little to do with "his" project; hence why the name changed to EmuXtras in the first place. We are trying to keep the scene alive and well with a thriving community.

Yabause 11-11-11! pop.gif

#22 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hey guys... We really appreciate the support an all. But this is xbox-scene and not emuxtras. So feel free to drop us a line of support if you wish. But I'd rather not let this sad little state of affairs leak over here.

Xbox-scene is kinda where I got started and I'd like to show these guys some respect.

Unfortunately RX couldn't let it go and as a result got his own thread locked. I've seen it happen before elsewhere.. but anyways...

Just show your support for the xbox developers and the community.

Cheers! beerchug.gif

And enjoy the show.. pop.gif

Edited by madmab, 10 November 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#23 -{TETSUO}-

-{TETSUO}-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Ahhh man it's down again. Just cant hit the site

#24 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

No, all good. Up & running just fine. dry.gif

#25 YRUSirius

YRUSirius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Why, oh why do some people have to act like little drama queens? Why can't they act like real grown ups?

Thanks to everyone who created or creates something for the noble cause of emulation! smile.gif

All your hard work is very much appreciated.

-YRUSirius

#26 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

While I agree with some of the comments here regarding Rx's behaviour, I cannot completely condemn him.

The work he did (though it has been mentioned many times isn't on a par with what coders/porters do), is still a large part of Rx's life and something he felt proud of. He believes that this was taken from him and no matter what we tell him, he will not see that this isn't the case.

Sometimes we need to see things from the other persons perspective and how strongly they feel about something. From the countless comments that Rx has written, he obviously has real life issues that effects his behaviour. Although this does not excuse him for what he has done, I feel that this should be remembered.

I hope my comments do not anger any of my fellow comrades smile.gif but I felt so strongly that I needed to say how I felt about this sorry mess.

I have a final thought... Yes, what the coders/porters do is great and we would not enjoy our emulation without them. However, those that do not have the aptitude to code, does not make their contribution any less valid. They also put in many hours of their free time to help the community in whatever way they are able to, and their efforts should not be so quickly disregarded.

#27 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

+1

#28 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(bigby @ Nov 10 2011, 04:51 PM) View Post

While I agree with some of the comments here regarding Rx's behaviour, I cannot completely condemn him.

The work he did (though it has been mentioned many times isn't on a par with what coders/porters do), is still a large part of Rx's life and something he felt proud of. He believes that this was taken from him and no matter what we tell him, he will not see that this isn't the case.

Sometimes we need to see things from the other persons perspective and how strongly they feel about something. From the countless comments that Rx has written, he obviously has real life issues that effects his behaviour. Although this does not excuse him for what he has done, I feel that this should be remembered.

I hope my comments do not anger any of my fellow comrades smile.gif but I felt so strongly that I needed to say how I felt about this sorry mess.

I have a final thought... Yes, what the coders/porters do is great and we would not enjoy our emulation without them. However, those that do not have the aptitude to code, does not make their contribution any less valid. They also put in many hours of their free time to help the community in whatever way they are able to, and their efforts should not be so quickly disregarded.

The difference here is... all we ever did was give him a home to host his work. We never changed it, deleted it, or anything. His time spent building the RX sets was preserved because of us running the website. Otherwise it would have died with the RX thread here, and the torrents that all died. We used our free time to build a website that he attempted to delete.

He didn't care about all the people that put time into the site, whether on the coding side, maintaining it, paying for it, uploading useful files to the FTP. He didn't care about anyone but himself.

The issue has always been that the name of the site, which he doesn't own, changed to something other than his name.

He said he did it because we got his thread closed here? I don't see any Admins of EmuXtras posting in that thread asking for it to be closed. Just because someone is a member of EmuXtras (Almost 3000 people are!) doesn't mean they have anything to do with the actual ownership of the site.

Nobody from our side ever said what he did wasn't an awesome accomplishment. In fact, everyone running the site was a former team member of his who helped build it all. I think he has been carrying on so long with this he doesn't even know why he is mad, other than to be mad.

In closing, I think RX and BP both need to read this and get help:

What's Wrong With Them Both

Edited by Pulsemasta, 10 November 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#29 -{TETSUO}-

-{TETSUO}-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(neil222 @ Nov 10 2011, 12:48 PM) View Post

No, all good. Up & running just fine. dry.gif

Well then something else is wrong then. I'm getting server time out's no matter the browser I use.
Whatever changed on the site is affecting some people reaching.
This dickhead has really nerfed things up for people who enjoy emuextra's and the people that put an awful lot of work into the site.
Spoilt baby comes to mind.

#30 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(-{TETSUO}- @ Nov 10 2011, 08:10 PM) View Post

Well then something else is wrong then. I'm getting server time out's no matter the browser I use.
Whatever changed on the site is affecting some people reaching.
This dickhead has really nerfed things up for people who enjoy emuextra's and the people that put an awful lot of work into the site.
Spoilt baby comes to mind.

Did you try to access the FTP? The site will ban your IP if you do, because that username/password doesn't exist anymore. If that is the case let Wimpy know so he can get it unbanned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users