Photo

0800 V3 = No More Re-burning After Ap25 Challenges Change?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pwnsweet

pwnsweet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

I've been away from the scene for about 6-8 months or so. The last time I was paying attention, Microsoft had recently released the 13140 dash and updated the AP25 challenges on the (then) 6 games that were AP25 active. I remember this meaning that I would have to re-run the iso through abgx and re-burn my backup of Black Ops if I wanted to keep using a backup instead of my original but because I had no more blank discs at the time, I didn't bother and just used my original disc instead.

I spent this morning playing catch up on the new stuff that's happened since then and noticed that 0800 v3 and a new XBC have been released to rip XGD3 games, but I'm not quite sure of the exact specifics of what these new things allow up to do. So now for my question:

Does the new 0800 v3 now allow us to rip the entire AP25 replay sector so that we no longer need to re-burn our backups everytime Microsoft update the challenges?

#2 tullyfish

tullyfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

I have no idea what it rips but I know the last time the tables changed with a dash update you didn't need to reburn any discs - somehow the new CFW handles that for you.

#3 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

AP2.5 challenges are stored in a file called DEA.bin stored in the Xbox NAND, MS can and in the past have changed the file currently we are on version 12 unfortunately if MS revises the challenge table stored in DAE.bin then we will need to re-rip the AP2.5 sectors and re burn the games. Right now every XGD3 game uses AP2.5

Currently ABGX cannot process XGD3 games so you will need to use xbox backup creator to patch XGD3 games next time the table is updated.

the incident tullyfish is talking about is called AP2.6 they are random AP2.5 challenges that are not stored in the table, I think it was Geremia said the FW just feeds it a preset value if it does not find a response in the AP2.5 sector on the backup, that is why the lockout protection was removed

here we go tracked down Geremia's info about AP2.6
http://forums.xbox-s...o...34249&st=45
Post 53

Edited by snake3, 25 October 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#4 pwnsweet

pwnsweet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(tullyfish @ Oct 25 2011, 11:56 PM) View Post

I have no idea what it rips but I know the last time the tables changed with a dash update you didn't need to reburn any discs - somehow the new CFW handles that for you.

As I understand it, and in light of snake3's reply, the reason the discs didn't need reburning after the latest dash update is because the dae.bin (which contains the AP25 challenges) wasn't updated. ie, the challenges were the same as in the previous dashboard. When the challenges are updated, the reason we need to reburn our backups is because the responses to the new challenge isn't on our backup disc.

QUOTE(snake3 @ Oct 26 2011, 12:32 AM) View Post

AP2.5 challenges are stored in a file called DEA.bin stored in the Xbox NAND, MS can and in the past have changed the file currently we are on version 12 unfortunately if MS revises the challenge table stored in DAE.bin then we will need to re-rip the AP2.5 sectors and re burn the games. Right now every XGD3 game uses AP2.5

Currently ABGX cannot process XGD3 games so you will need to use xbox backup creator to patch XGD3 games next time the table is updated.

So what you're saying is that we still need to reburn 0800 v3 backups when/if the AP25 challenges change again in the future? If so, then what's the point of 0800 v3 exactly?

#5 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(pwnsweet @ Oct 25 2011, 10:50 PM) View Post

As I understand it, and in light of snake3's reply, the reason the discs didn't need reburning after the latest dash update is because the dae.bin (which contains the AP25 challenges) wasn't updated. ie, the challenges were the same as in the previous dashboard. When the challenges are updated, the reason we need to reburn our backups is because the responses to the new challenge isn't on our backup disc.
So what you're saying is that we still need to reburn 0800 v3 backups when/if the AP25 challenges change again in the future? If so, then what's the point of 0800 v3 exactly?

The point is now we can rip our own AP2.5 responses instead of waiting for c4e and TX for the patches, and the previous 0800 could not rip XGD3 discs

#6 pwnsweet

pwnsweet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

OK I understand now. Thanks for clarifying that snake3. I think I'm just going to keep using my originals.

#7 XeoNoX

XeoNoX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

lets say M$ updates the Ap25/26 checks via dashboard. After we get the updated DAE.BIN can we just use XBC and the 0800 v3 drive to rip from the "backup" or do we need to use the original game and rip from that? (i know the original would be safer, but getting a hold of the original all the time is a pain in the but.)

#8 blackopsftw

blackopsftw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

You'd need to rip from an original disc as a backup isn't physically written like an original is (pressed).

#9 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(XeoNoX @ Oct 26 2011, 06:51 PM) View Post

lets say M$ updates the Ap25/26 checks via dashboard. After we get the updated DAE.BIN can we just use XBC and the 0800 v3 drive to rip from the "backup" or do we need to use the original game and rip from that? (i know the original would be safer, but getting a hold of the original all the time is a pain in the but.)

you have to rip the AP2.5 data from an original disc, if they could be recreated from a backup then AP2.5 would not have ever been an issue in the first place

#10 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

What about future ap25.sha1 updating instead of reripping whole disc?

ppf maybe? abgx seems not ready for xgd3 as of yet.

#11 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(krizalid @ Oct 27 2011, 02:18 AM) View Post

What about future ap25.sha1 updating instead of reripping whole disc?

ppf maybe? abgx seems not ready for xgd3 as of yet.

XBC can do it just select the drive tab and extract the new data then head over to the image tab and inject the new data

#12 DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

So is this only for live? or will the backups just not work at all?

#13 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(snake3 @ Oct 27 2011, 01:56 AM) View Post

XBC can do it just select the drive tab and extract the new data then head over to the image tab and inject the new data

Nice!!! Didn't see that option!! Thank man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users