145 replies to this topic

#1 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:00 PM

NOTE the exploit ST.DB is seperate from the font exploits.. I didn't mention about the font exploits in the tutorial. so dont use the font exploits.. only the audio exploit!

Firstly you must do this.. thanks to Adso58 for figuring the out the problem of the audio exploit ONLY running linux.xbe

Adso58 did this first:
"I managed to get the audio exploit to run whatever .xbe, I explain it:

First you must install the exploit without any change, insert a Audio CD, execute linux.xbe, etc.

Now, you need to transfer the ST.DB that you have copied to the XBox before, to the PC (the file should have changed).

With this file, replace the following bytes (starting at position 0xFF):

"05 14 00 00 00 89 85 72 01 00 00"

with these

"81 76 FF 14 01 00 10 90 90 90 90"

Copy this modified file to the XBox (yes, again), and overwrite the old file.

Now, you can sign any .xbe with the habibi key using "xbedump file.xbe -habibi" and copy out.xbe as linux.xbe in E: and the .xbe will run.

And I must recognize that the guy that made the audio exploit is very clever, he put some nice protections to avoid running other .xbe than linux.xbe

This method was tested on a XBox v1.0, with kernel 4034 and dashboard 4920, I don't know if it will work in other XBoxes"

A Big THANKS to Adso58 yet again.

Tutorial:

For the Following Methods you need:
1)The Audio Exploit
2)Either 007, mech assault save hacks
3)Either A Copy Of EvoX or !Loader v1.0 FX (which ever one you choose)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to make the Audio Exploit work for Evo X

now.. to do this .. its REALLY easy..

step one:
find a way to communicate with your xbox (i.e. like the 007, mech assault saves already loaded with evo x)

step two:
now since you have your network setup with the box and the pc all you need now is a copy of the audio exploit (for more information about where to put the audio exploit read the readme file that came with it... it will tell you where to put it).. put the ST.DB on the xbox WITHOUT the linux.xbe file in the E partition (this will be explained later)

step three:
get a copy of xbe dump (i will assume that you would already know how to use this software) and put the command line:

xbedump default.xbe -audio

(the default.xbe file that you will be using will be the evo x .xbe file)

when that is done the default.xbe file will be named again as out.xbe .. rename out.xbe into linux.xbe.

step four:
now take the "new" linux.xbe file and put it in the E partition also add all the files evo x came with (as linux.xbe as its excutable).

step five:
reboot your xbox and load up the audio exploit.. voila.. evo x for your unmodded box!

p.s : i got LOADER.v1.00-FX.XBOX-COMPLEX working with this exploit too.. i will be posting it later.. since its the morning and i have stuff to do.

dont flame me if you get this shit all wrong.. FOLLOW the instructions.. if your stuck.. read the read me files and such.. oh yes make sure you know how to use dos for the xbe dump prog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to get LOADER v.1.0 FX to work with the audio exploit.

now.. to do this .. its REALLY easy..

step one:
find a way to communicate with your xbox (i.e. like the 007, mech assault saves already loaded with evo x)

step two:
now since you have your network setup with the box and the pc all you need now is a copy of the audio exploit (for more information about where to put the audio exploit read the readme file that came with it... it will tell you where to put it) put ST.DB on the xbox WITHOUT the linux.xbe file in the E partition (this will be explained later)

step three:
get a copy of xbe dump (i will assume that you would already know how to use this software) and put the command line:

xbedump default.xbe -audio

(the default.xbe file that you will be using will be the !Loader v.1.0 FX .xbe file)

when that is done the default.xbe file will be named again as out.xbe .. rename out.xbe into linux.xbe.

step four:
now take the "new" linux.xbe file and put it in the E partition
DO NOT put the !Loader Folder in the E partition (this will be explained later) ONLY put the new linux.xbe file in the e partition.

step five:
put the !Loader folder (with all of its contents) to the C partition

step six:
reboot your xbox and do the exploit.. you will see the loader load! YAY.

the good thing about the audio exploit is that it doesnt "auto load" evo x or even the loader.. you can manually enable it yourself with the exploit.

dont flame me if you get this shit all wrong.. FOLLOW the instructions.. if your stuck.. read the read me files and such.. oh yes make sure you know how to use dos for the xbe dump prog.

Edited by lp2000, 14 August 2003 - 06:50 AM.

#2 {later}

{later}

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:21 PM

Where can I download that modified xbedump.exe where I can use the -audio command?

Also do I have to upgrade my dashboard for this trick. I have a 3 options dashboard now.

Edited by {later}, 07 July 2003 - 07:21 PM.

#3 Jubba

Jubba

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:37 PM

***DO NOT REQUEST***

Edited by LepPpeR, 29 July 2003 - 01:44 AM.

#4 eug2k

eug2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:43 PM

for fucks sake go to #xbins on efnet!

Edited by eug2k, 07 July 2003 - 07:43 PM.

#5 {later}

{later}

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:44 PM

It's not fucking there, only the -font xbedump...

#6 joni swinga

joni swinga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:48 PM

when i load ST.DB into the music folder
evox files and newly signed (with audio key) default.xbe (renamed to linux.xbe) in E root. put in a cd and boot the file i get dashboard error 21. any ideas

p.s. when i put the original linux.xbe that came with the exploit in e root it boots linux fine.

but i want evox to boot sad.gif

#7 eug2k

eug2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:50 PM

ummm its the same damn program
to sign things for the font exploit type xbedump default.xbe -font
to sign things for the audio exploit type xbedump default.xbe -audio

#8 Jubba

Jubba

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:55 PM

mad.gif I checked xbins before postin

#9 eug2k

eug2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:55 PM

im telling u its there u just have to find it!

#10 lethalfrog

lethalfrog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:59 PM

joni swinga,

I believe that your problem is the same as mine. The audio hack in xbedump surely is the free-x wav hack not the st.db one.

I have signed the files correctly get OK and all I get is 21. I have sucessfully got evox running using the mech assault hack and the habibi keys so I am sure it is not my process.

#11 eug2k

eug2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:02 PM

free-x wav hack?!?!

#12 lethalfrog

lethalfrog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:05 PM

The wav files in the dashboard are also vunerable to the same exploit as the fonts.

#13 eug2k

eug2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

i've never heard of a free-x wav file
the audio exploit is with ST.DB file that is a database of the wav files on the xbox
but if there is a free-x wav exploit cant u just run it from a cd-rw?

#14 lethalfrog

lethalfrog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:10 PM

My bad,

After further checking the Audio exploit is the st.db one, free-x did mention that the wav's are also vunerable.

#15 lethalfrog

lethalfrog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:16 PM

lp2000,

I can run the original linux.xbe but I always get error code 21 message. I have signed the file not totally sure what might be wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users