#31 Anusko

Anusko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:30 PM

this topic must be removed sad.gif maybe in the future we will be able to give better use to this hack. for now this topic will only confuse ppl. lp2000 everyone fails. at least you share your knowledge wink.gif

#32 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:37 PM

That really sux, whe were so close. Why does't that green box the evox menu without the modchip.

#33 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:41 PM

thanks for not flaming me guys..

my question is what is error 21... i read it in the tutorials (error codes explained)

"21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag"

only if there was a way around this.

#34 broadd

broadd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:46 PM

So unlike the font exploit, this method has the advantage that the dash boots normally, and you can play original Live games without being banned?

Does this method patch the kernel? If so, when and how? And next time you turn the xbox on it will be back to normal, kernel wise (dumb question)?

Look forward to some quick comments.

Regards,
B

#35 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (broadd @ Jul 8 2003, 01:46 AM)
So unlike the font exploit, this method has the advantage that the dash boots normally, and you can play original Live games without being banned?

Does this method patch the kernel? If so, when and how? And next time you turn the xbox on it will be back to normal, kernel wise (dumb question)?

Look forward to some quick comments.

Regards,
B

as long as u play ur original games ur kernel doesn't get patched, but when ur loading ur evox, then ur kernel is getting patched, so u can't play games from ur HD on LiVE

#36 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (lp2000 @ Jul 8 2003, 01:41 AM)
thanks for not flaming me guys..

my question is what is error 21... i read it in the tutorials (error codes explained)

"21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag"

only if there was a way around this.

Should it be something with the singned shit. So that the xbox doesn't recognize the linux.xbe (changed evox) as a normal program. So it doesn't allow it to launch. Maybe it requires a change in Evox. Or maybe the st.db needs a change.

Edited by neejoh, 07 July 2003 - 11:56 PM.

#37 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:57 PM

i wonder what would happen if you got rid of the live install from the dash and left it as when you first bought your xbox? hmm.

#38 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (lp2000 @ Jul 8 2003, 01:57 AM)
i wonder what would happen if you got rid of the live install from the dash and left it as when you first bought your xbox? hmm.

I can't try that, i don't have the dasboard anymore without LIVE.

Its worth a try though. But it should also be possible WITH the LIVE installed. There has to be something changed in the exploit it think.
Because you can run linux, why doesn't EVOX work?

I'm going for a sleep now, going to work tomorrow on it @ my work. I have to work in about 6 hours.
Need my sleep......... ZZZzzZZzzzZz

Edited by neejoh, 08 July 2003 - 12:05 AM.

#39 RayTwoOneThree

RayTwoOneThree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:30 AM

Thats nice to know....THAT YOU HAD YOUR MOD ON......I could of told you that any expliot works when you have your mod on.Man you confused alot of people on the post with your tut.I tryed like 10 times to sign the xbe.

#40 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 01:37 AM

its problyin the sighing but it doesent mean the expolite dont need a update i cant stand the fact they call this expolice inferior. it probly needs a patch for the correct key i sighned the front expolite of evox and they keys where the same. so the xbedump not doing it right. -audio -font resalt in the same keys. probly a beta bug.

#41 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 07:04 AM

Just what i said, update/patch all the same. Some change in it so it can boot evox

#42 modestrabbit

modestrabbit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:46 PM

For those that have got the audio exploit to work:

1. Is there any effect on ripping music to the hard drive?

2. Is there any effect on in-game soundtracks?

#43 cyberplague

cyberplague

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 03:55 PM

Ok, I have been around the scene for awhile... in the background. Searching and soaking up all the information that I can.

And after reading this article about the details behind the 007 save game hack and how it actually works. Click here to read article

I realized that we still need the "key" to be able to sign other apps to work with this exploit. Because as most of you including myself have noticed, the font signature doesn't work when signing anything, including evox.

After reading the above article, this is what happens...

The buffer overflow happens, "... It then disables write protection in the kernel memory. It then proceeds to scan through RAM, looking for the last four bytes of the public key. Once it finds that, it modifies the last four bytes of the public key. Once you modify the public key this way, you end up with a public key that is easily factorable. It is now divisible by 3! This allows us to easily figure out the other prime, and from that then we can recreate the secret key used. "

So we need to figure out how this particular overflow works, and then figure out if it uses the same method as the 007 hack by changing the last 4 bytes of the signature.

hrm... has anyone tried signing evox(which you have to rename linux.xbe) with the 007 signature and testing to see if it loads?

I might have to try this to see if they just copied that part of the code...

I am at work now I will try it once I get home.

We need to work as a team to figure this out. Those this MAY mess up peoples abilities to listen to music while playing games, it seems like the way to go until the issues with the font exploit are resolved.

I will keep you all posted. Also any that knows different please correct me if I am wrong about anything I have stated.

CP

#44 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:12 PM

i think you can still listion to your music bro. just dont plan on copying anything. that can probly be removed thow so you can only do it with the 8 key presses. all isnt lost thow if you got audio converter pro you can ftp the music in. just convert them to wma.

#45 neejoh

neejoh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (cyberplague @ Jul 9 2003, 05:55 PM)
hrm... has anyone tried signing evox(which you have to rename linux.xbe) with the 007 signature and testing to see if it loads?

I might have to try this to see if they just copied that part of the code...

I tried that already, its not working. I already tried also to load the freex EVOX and renamed it to linux.xbe, but also not working. Keeps up popping error 21

Edited by neejoh, 09 July 2003 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users