• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gator417

Gator417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

I've installed a Smartxx modchip. The Xbox works fine and the blue light on the chip comes on. The Xbox won't turn on the modchip and it won't recognize the disc that came with the chip. The D0 wire looks like it is fine. I don't know what else to look for to troubleshoot the install. I bought another Xbox and re-installed the chip in it and the same thing happens. I've looked all over the Smartxx disc and haven't found anything to help me. Is it possible I blew out the modchip? I didn't think so because the blue light still works, but I'm a newb so its a good guess. Thanks for your help.
Gator

Edited by Gator417, 26 October 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

try grounding d0 and see what happens. I beleive if the chip was dead and eevrything was hooked up right then the xbox would just frag instead of booting to the dash. Just solder the d0 from the xbox motherboard to a grond on the motherboard (like the copper around the motherboard screw holes) If the xbox frags after doing that recheck the soldering on the lpc and chip.

Edited by steveo1978, 28 October 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#3 Gator417

Gator417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

OK thanks. I'll do that tonight. I had a feeling it was the D0 but its such a pain, I was hoping it was something else.
Gator

#4 Gator417

Gator417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the help. Bought an X2.6 and installed the pin header. Put the Smartxx chip on it. Now with the D0 not grounded, the Xbox starts just fine and sounds like its working, but there is no output to the tv. With the D0 grounded, it frags really bad, and I can't open the drive either way. At least I know the D0 is grounded proper like this time.
Gator

#5 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

recheck/re-solder your LPC points...where you installed the pinheader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users