Conundrum1911

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

About to pull the trigger on a new slim (to replace my old RROD JTAG), however I have one question -- Does anyone know if the new Reset Glitch Hack allows for any HDD to be used, much like Freeboot/XBReboot does/did?

If I can install any HDD, then I'd just pick up the 4GB slim and throw a 500-1TB drive in it, however if the RGH only works with official drives (for now), I'd spend the extra and get the 250GB model.

If this isn't the right section to post this in, mods please feel free to move it accordingly.

Thanks in advance

#2 smokee

smokee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

You can use bigger HDD, but over USB interface. I don't know how about sata connection. One way or another, if i were you i will buy 4GB version ;]

#3 noneed

noneed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

I purchased a Slim 4GB RGH to replace my old jtag with a 12v fan mod that was driving me crazy (noise). I took my 500 GB HDD from my jtag out of the stock case and slid it in the slim console with no problem. All files intact and the size was recognized correctly.

#4 Farid

Farid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I am also looking for a good tutorial on how to connect a regular internal PC HDD (I think they are called 3.5 inch) to my RGHed Xbox360 and use it as an official HDD.

I have a 320GB Maxtor HDD which I want to use it.

If I want to buy a 500GB or 1TB, which brand is the best to buy?

I see a lot of discussion about how to hack WD HDD with HDD Hacker, is this still needed for a RGHed console?

I think this section needs a sticky topic to guide people to the suitable tutorials about how to connect HDD to Xbox360

I want to solder both sata Data and power directly to the motherboard.

Please someone gives some more details about this :

Internal 3.5inch Sata Drive Idea/mod/photos Inside., Unicorns and Rainbows

#5 Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

I am looking for more info on this subject to as I want to utilize my 750GB External HDD for my GODs.

QUOTE(Farid @ Mar 10 2012, 01:02 PM)  

If I want to buy a 500GB or 1TB, which brand is the best to buy?

Samsung Spinpoints have become very popular in recent years. Personally, I don't feel they have been on the market long enough for me to trust them, but I can tell you that last time I checked, they were about $15-20 cheaper then WD(Western Digital) and about $10-$15 cheaper then a comparable Seagate model.

Seagate are my personal runner up for best. You typically save about $5-$10 over a WD HDD, but Seagate drives are known to run a bit hotter, however, I do not believe the extra heat will be to much of an issue if you read on.

Western Digital - WD is my personal top pick. My current computer utilizes a 1TB WD Caviar Black a 1TB WD Caviar Green, a 2TB WD Caviar Green and a 2 TB WD Caviar Green SATA III. Then I am using an 80GB Intel SSD for my boot drive(windows,apps.games) but SSDs are to expensive in the price/storage ratio to be usefull in this situation.

Now if you go with a 3.5 inch HDD which is what is typically used in a desktop, you need an enclosure for it. Personally, I just bought this enclosure:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817173042
With the side cooling fan, the extra heat generated from a Seagate should not be a problem, but I would still recommend WD.

Also, keep in mind, HDD prices are quite inflated at this time as major flooding in Thailand affected production of the major HDD makers, but nothing we can do about that except try to hold out until the ~$50 price bumps go away.

#6 adames

adames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

if i were you i will buy 4GB versionIPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users