• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jeremy790

jeremy790

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

I have been repairing and flashing xbox 360's for some time and accumulated several systems that the users tried to replace the drives themselves and tossed the old drives before they ever called me. Now my real question is, would it be possible to retrieve the dvd key from the board with the coolrunner or maybe even downgrade the dashboard with coolrunner and then jtag the boxes to get the dvd key. All of the dashboard are to high to just do a jtag but most of the are jasper boards made before 2009. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 loalge

loalge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

If the only goal is to get the keys then just download the reset glitch hack, dump your nand and patch it, flash the coolrunner and boot into xell reloaded. It'll show you everything you need there. You cannot Jtag these consoles but the rgh is pretty much the same thing. It allowes you to run homebrew. These questions have all already been answered countless times on this forum alone. Read Read Read and then ask. Good luck with your project. Done a few now myself and it's pretty easy to do. biggrin.gif

#3 SergioFoX

SergioFoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(loalge @ Oct 30 2011, 07:27 AM) View Post

If the only goal is to get the keys then just download the reset glitch hack, dump your nand and patch it, flash the coolrunner and boot into xell reloaded. It'll show you everything you need there. You cannot Jtag these consoles but the rgh is pretty much the same thing. It allowes you to run homebrew. These questions have all already been answered countless times on this forum alone. Read Read Read and then ask. Good luck with your project. Done a few now myself and it's pretty easy to do. biggrin.gif

What would be the cheapest and easiest hardware needed to accomplish this?

#4 Gokussj5okazu

Gokussj5okazu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

You're going to need a Coolrunner, a NAND-X, the cables, and a QSB ideally. That's a minimum of $60. Plus, you're going to need good soldering skills, and a good understanding of NAND basics

#5 SergioFoX

SergioFoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the reply, just been a bit confusing about what is actually needed or what comes with most bundles.
I have no problems with soldering just want to make sure the right stuff is ordered.
Do most programmers read and write to the nand?

Was thinking of picking up these two, I'm I missing the cables or would there be any reason for me to read and write back to the nand?

http://www.yoyobase....der-writer.html

http://www.yoyobase....ligli-hack.html

The goal would be to have it permanently installed on one xbox and recover the dvd key from another.

sorry for sounding like a newb just way to much information out there.

#6 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(SergioFoX @ Nov 16 2011, 10:34 AM) View Post

Thanks for the reply, just been a bit confusing about what is actually needed or what comes with most bundles.
I have no problems with soldering just want to make sure the right stuff is ordered.
Do most programmers read and write to the nand?

Was thinking of picking up these two, I'm I missing the cables or would there be any reason for me to read and write back to the nand?
http://www.yoyobase....der-writer.html

http://www.yoyobase....ligli-hack.html

The goal would be to have it permanently installed on one xbox and recover the dvd key from another.

sorry for sounding like a newb just way to much information out there.

you would still need a way to program the coolrunner that is why i'd recommend either getting a maximus nand flasher or a nand-x but make sure the one you buy is updated to the V3 ARM so you can use it to program your glitch chip

#7 SergioFoX

SergioFoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

thanks, I went with a nand-x with cable and coolrunner.
I have a ck3 pro so got that cable too to update the nand-x.

Think I'll be good but I'll let you guya know, ended up costing under 80 bucks.

#8 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Nov 17 2011, 07:04 PM) View Post

you would still need a way to program the coolrunner that is why i'd recommend either getting a maximus nand flasher or a nand-x but make sure the one you buy is updated to the V3 ARM so you can use it to program your glitch chip

just wanted to point out that that particular matrix nand flasher flashes the matrix glitch chip aswell as 360 nands!
by far the cheapest way at 20 for the flasher and 20 for the glitch chip
if you dont have flashing gear already with this you only need the wires 1set for glitch chip and the glitch program cable.
the nand flasher should have its own cable
thats only thing with matrix make sure all the cables you need are in your order.wink.gif

Edited by sinclairuser, 25 November 2011 - 05:09 AM.

#9 SergioFoX

SergioFoX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Nov 25 2011, 05:02 AM) View Post

just wanted to point out that that particular matrix nand flasher flashes the matrix glitch chip aswell as 360 nands!
by far the cheapest way at 20 for the flasher and 20 for the glitch chip
if you dont have flashing gear already with this you only need the wires 1set for glitch chip and the glitch program cable.
the nand flasher should have its own cable
thats only thing with matrix make sure all the cables you need are in your order.wink.gif

Ah oh well I was able to do everything with the nand-x and it came updated already from a usa seller.
Fast and shipping was around 12 bucks. took me longer how to figure out installing freestyle then anything lol

I got to say i'm very happy with my jtag xbox now and the coolrunner on a falcon mobo boots up quick!!!
Bring back XBMC to the 360....

Edited by SergioFoX, 25 November 2011 - 06:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users