Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

I always use raincoat to flash TSOPs and have three copies of Splinter cell for that purpose (in case one gets scratched). The only exception is v1.6 xboxes of course. I used an old splintercell gamesave I found on xbins, but it required you to telnet in. I did automate it, but is was extremely unfriendly, so I've made it a bit nicer.

The way I use the gamesave is as follows:

-if I am softmodding, get the kernel via msdash
-boot up stock xbox, copy the gamesave files to hdd (via memcard) and load the save via splintercell.
-for a softmod,
--- use the evox screen (ftp) to copy kingroach ndure installer created files to C/E (wipe C first). -DONE
-at this point you could FTP a bios (evox FTP) to the gamesave folder. For example, the splintercell gamesave is in: E/UData/21585554/000000000000/Bios/bios.bin
-Proper case is important! (bios.bin is all lowercase.)
-Select Raincoat form the Evox menu.
-Once linux has booted, press A on the controller to continue.
-wait for success message and reboot.

Do as you see fit with this and the information - if you don't like it, cool, it is for me, but I thought it was nice enough to share.

Other info:
-I altered the Evox menu to remove unneeded items.
-I removed some stuff from the linux package to make more room (512 bios should fit on a 8meg card I think)
-I automated the flashing with a script with minor error handling.

The script copies raincoat, raincoat.conf and the bios.bin to /tmp (ramdisk) before flashing. This should
potentially avoid or at least reduce the risk of hard drive errors, since everything is in RAM before flashing.

To use this on another gamesave exploit, I would expect it to work by only copying the RAMDISK file.

Gamesave exploit for splintercell is here splintercellexp0.1.zip (no bios included, place your bios it in the Bios folder, call it bios.bin).

If not using Msdash to copy from a memcard: 21585554 goes in Udata, 5553000c in Tdata

Unsure, but you may also have to have Udata named on your harddrive as shown (case sensitive).

Enjoy! Hopefully you can use this to TSOP directly rather than softmodding first.

#2 shulbocka

shulbocka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I know I'm a little behind on this post, but thanks a lot for providing these files (once the link is updated) as well as the guide. You helped clear a lot of questions I had up, and made it all pretty straight forward. I soldered the points on my 1.0 xbox two nights ago, and it turned the box back on and loaded like normal, so I'm assuming I didn't screw up. I just need to give this a shot next, and I should be good to go. Thanks again man, you really helped me out.

#3 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Look for Hexen boot disc, it has the only raincoat flashing function that i could actually undertsnad and get to work, flashed about 12 winbond chips with it.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

If you can't get this to work.. well I dunno... you barely have to do anything.

http://www.4shared.c...rcellexp01.html

I believe I indented one to have the ability to cancel flashing and use a keyboard - that might not work, otherwise it should work as described in the first post.

#5 shulbocka

shulbocka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(Movax @ Sep 21 2012, 01:57 PM) View Post

If you can't get this to work.. well I dunno... you barely have to do anything.

http://www.4shared.c...rcellexp01.html

I believe I indented one to have the ability to cancel flashing and use a keyboard - that might not work, otherwise it should work as described in the first post.

Seriously, thanks a lot man. You're awesome. I'll give this a shot once I get off work. I apologize if this is a stupid question too by the way, but I have a gamesave exploit on my xbox memory card already, and it's been there for like 7-8 years now. I don't have the action replay cord though, so my question is, is it possible for me to use the game save exploit I already have, and ftp these new files (yours) to my xbox in the correct UDATA folder, and have it still work as you intended, or do I need a specific game save exploit for these splintercell files (probably included, I just can't check them yet cause I'm at work)? Again, I apologize if that's a dumb question. Thanks again for reuploading the link.

#6 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well if you can get FTP access to your xbox you can copy over new exploit files from there. If you have a memory card, copy your current gamesave exploit onto it before so you can start over if you make a mistake.

This exploit can also be started by launching install.xbe I beleive.

#7 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

Better link here: https://app.dumptruc...om/p/AhBSVMb1Ek

#8 shulbocka

shulbocka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well if you can get FTP access to your xbox you can copy over new exploit files from there. If you have a memory card, copy your current gamesave exploit onto it before so you can start over if you make a mistake.

Alright, thanks again MOVAX. That's definitely a good idea, and I will do that. Thanks for the newer link too. I downloaded the 4shared one, but downloaded the newer one too just because. Alright, I'm gonna give this a shot now and see how it goes.

Edited by shulbocka, 22 September 2012 - 11:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users