1 reply to this topic

#1 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

I've not had much call to FTP anything from my laptop to my Xboxes but I still set up a FTP network using Filezilla which once I understood how to use it seemed to work fine.

However today I wanted to transfer some folders to a Xbox containing various jpegs into a folder I'd created on the F:\ drive named Comics. It already has about a dozen files/folders I'd transfered by USB flash drive months ago. Filezilla recognised the folder name but when I clicked on it I received an error message that it had failed to find the directory and, obviously didn't display the contents.

I repeated it several times with the same result. I tried closing the connection, restarting Filezilla, rebooting the Xbox then the laptop and even tried renaming the folder. Same result.

In the end I just FTPed the jpegs into the Pictures folder also on the F:\drive and from there into the Comics folder. No problem.

So any ideas why Filezilla might not like the Comics folder because I've not had any problem with it displaying the contents of the other self-named folders I've created?

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

Weird - solved then problem, whatever it was, by transferring the entire contents of the 'Comics' folder to my Pictures folder. FileZilla had no trouble showing the contents and FTPing to it worked fine.

So I then deleted the now empty 'Comics' folder, rebooted the Xbox, created a new 'Comics' folder (UnleashX File Explorer) and moved all the previous contents back into it from the 'Pictures' folder. Despite being named identically and containing the same folders/files FileZilla had no trouble FTPing to and from it.

Here's the weird thing: prior to all this I downloaded and installed another good free FTP client: CoreFTP LE which I found through a PC magazine recommendation. That worked fine with the original 'Comics' folder FileZilla had the trouble with.

So what was FileZilla's issue with it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users