Photo

Xkey360 Open Up New Ways To Hack The Console?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hey guys, I was thinking about the xkey360 and how they are making it open source so anyone can make programs for it.

I am no programmer and I don't know the process of how the 360 loads xex files, but do you think its possible that someone could make a program for the xkey360 that injects unsigned code during or after the legit xex is signed therefore tricking the xbox into booting it?

Just thinking out loud (again) and wasnt sure where to put this.

It would be cool to see the xkey being used for other things other than just emulating the dvd rom.

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Its unlikley that it could.
Anyway with the reset glitch hack there is no shortage of exploitable consoles out there.

#3 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

No, the Xkey360 is a DRIVE emulator. So its limited to whatever the drive is able to do and it is unable to run unsigned code.

#4 scottmuller28

scottmuller28

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

The only hack people are wanting atm is re-flashing the Asian version to Euro version if you happen to buy from Asia. Looks like the hardware is the same but the Linux loader is different on the chip. I noticed that the chip would be possible to dump with a xilink jtag tool, as there are 6 holes for the device. If someone could dump both versions and re-flash it with the euro version to see if that corrects the so called region locking issue.
Just a thought on the Asian version xk3y.

#5 scottmuller28

scottmuller28

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(scottmuller28 @ Nov 9 2011, 04:22 PM) View Post

The only hack people are wanting atm is re-flashing the Asian version to Euro version if you happen to buy from Asia. Looks like the hardware is the same but the Linux loader is different on the chip. I noticed that the chip would be possible to dump with a xilink jtag tool, as there are 6 holes for the device. If someone could dump both versions and re-flash it with the euro version to see if that corrects the so called region locking issue.
Just a thought on the Asian version xk3y.
Anyway scratch that thought would need to unlock chip first like the slims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users