spinemangler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

Hello,

I recently bought a used 120gb official Microsoft hard drive. After getting the drive, it worked perfect in my Xbox, but obviously I needed to move my save files over.

Foolishly, I bought one of the non-official transfer cables on eBay, thinking there would be no difference. This turned out to be a terrible assumption on my part. When I attached my new 120gb drive to my 360 with this cable, I was prompted to "prepare" my drive for use on the 360. I assumed it was something to do with the new dash update, so I clicked ok.

This formatted my drive as a USB drive, with only 16gb of it usable. Hooking it directly to the 360 leaves it undetectable, while hooking it up to the transfer cable enables it as a 16gb flash drive.

I hooked it up to my PC directly and dumped the HDDSS.bin file and it is empty. This process deleted the hddss.bin file on my drive and I never backed it up. sad.gif

My question is probably obvious, but is this drive savable at all? I downloaded another hddss.bin file, but it is for a Fujitsu drive. Does this matter at all?

If anyone has any pointers or a solution, that would be awesome. I'm kinda bummed right now that I probably killed my drive to save 10 bucks on a transfer cable.

Thanks!

#2 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

If its a Western Digital drive the you can flash it with hddhackr, if not then I believe you are boned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users