Photo

Just Bought A Xbox/kinect Bundle (model 1439)..looking To Mod It.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jiggygent

jiggygent

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

Hey everyone! Man it's been a while. I learned how to mod my original Xbox in this forum and I'm confident I will learn how to do the same with my new 360 with all you smart folks. biggrin.gif I just bought an Xbox 360/kinect bundle, and I've been researching about how to mod it to play backups etc. The instructions regarding how to take the hardware apart that I seem to find are not for the same slim version 360 I have. I have a model 1439 with a manufacturing date of 2011-07-13. From researching, it appears the drive is a Benq drive.. I haven't taken it apart to make certain yet, because I'd like proper instructions for disassembly of the case. I'm going only by the appearance of the tray and what I've read thus far. My questions are:

Considering the Xbox is a fairly new version, is it possible to mod? (I tried looking at the xbox360 hardware database site, but my specific build is not listed yet..

If so, I can't seem to find any instructions on disassembly for this specific model, can anyone point me in the right direction?

In preperation, I downloaded DosFlash v1.8 & Jungleflasher v0.1.66 Beta, as well as the latest firmware for the benq via xbins.exe.. Please let me know if I'm on the right track, or if there is a different method to mod this specific hardware version.

Thanks in advance for your awesome assistance!

#2 jiggygent

jiggygent

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Finally found instructions on youtube for my specific hardware.
Still have not been able to confirm if this late of a manufacturing date is able to be modded and if so, is it as simple as flashing the firmware with the utilities I mentioned in my original post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 TexasprosXmods

TexasprosXmods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(jiggygent @ Nov 8 2011, 05:52 PM) View Post

Finally found instructions on youtube for my specific hardware.
Still have not been able to confirm if this late of a manufacturing date is able to be modded and if so, is it as simple as flashing the firmware with the utilities I mentioned in my original post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you talking to yourself bro nobody really answers u back around here ive tried

#4 loalge

loalge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

If i were you i'd open up that case and see what drive you have. Unless you have the (Lite-on)DG-16D5S or (Hitachi) DLN10N, you should be good. Some of the lite-ons can be tricky but there's plenty of info on this forum once you know what drive you have. You could go the direction everyone else seems to be going and just glitch it and run FSD , Unless you have the new Corona board.

#5 jiggygent

jiggygent

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. Even if no one answers, I'll be sure to post my findings so that someone could at least learn what I learn. I thought all I had to do was look at the tray to find out what kind of drive I have.. I saw some pics of the different models and at least by the try, it appears I have a Benq. But you're saying if my motherboard is a certain model, I may not be able to flash my firmware? I'll have to do some more research.. If anyone has any insight, please respond. That is what these forums are for.. to share knowledge. smile.gif

#6 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

http://team-xecuter....ead.php?t=60921

Tutorial for flashing your drive. If you have the new motherboard you can't do the reset glitch hack/jtag your motherboard.

#7 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

haha, benq.
those weren't in consoles since 2009. Def not in a slim made July '11.

Anyway, the model is irrelevant. you have a winbond LiteOn drive most likely if you didn't conclude it was hitachi. You are screwed. You have to drill through the chip to unlock it. As you are posing this question that hack is off the table.

to verify 100% without anything being powered up or the required SATA2 bypass/X360USB - Take apart the console, take out the drive, remove screws and cut the 2 sides were the case join in the front (saves from peeling that vibration guard crap to get it apart) and look at your mediatek chip. if a number string on it says 03x you are in business and can cut a trace and find a 10K resistor to program. if its 05x, better luck next time.

Guess its worth mentioning to look at the sticker on the top of the drive. See if its DG-16D4S or DG-16D5S. only the 4S can be modded for now.

Solutions:
-Do the reset glitch and forget about xbox live and DVDs
-Get a TX replacement board for the drive, unlocked PCB they are called.
-get a drive emulator and see how that pans out.

Edited by ruciz, 12 November 2011 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users