• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thadoggfather

thadoggfather

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

I see Liteon iHAS124-04 is the drive to get.

1) Can i use an external enclosure i got from a company called ayagroup i've been using with my superdrive for a while as an external (because i swapped my superdrive with an SSD, for SSD+HD in my Macbook pro) or do I need alternative hookups to burn xgb3 ?

1b) or maybe the vantec nextstar ive been using with my 2.5" hard drive converted to external?

2) do i have to flash with c4eva fw on the drive to make it burn correctly?
2b) if so, can i still use the drive for all its normal purposes or will it only function to burn xgb3 stuff from now on?

3) using this 360 offline, so i guess i need it anyways for CIV checks and to not get kickbacks to the dashboard as opposed to truncating and burning with my superdrive hl-st-dt, right?

Thank you.

Edited by thadoggfather, 09 November 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#2 josh256

josh256

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

1) The vast majority of USB enclosures will work.

2) You must first flash w/ iXtreme Burner Max in order to burn un-truncated XGD3 backups. This is a one-time process respectively. The drive can be used for normal read/write purposes however that's not to say the burner max firmware is bug free.

3) Eventually the latest dash will start shipping w/ XGD3 discs (EG. Wave XXX) and after updating to this version truncated backups will no longer work (EG. spend the $20 for an iHasX24, flash it w/ Burner Max and use it to burn un-truncated backups)

#3 IDONTuseKYJELLY

IDONTuseKYJELLY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

I purchased my new stock from here
http://www.xconsoles...-dl-writer.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users