• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

OK, so I have softmodded my xBox, using the AID disk and the Splinter Cell exploit. But I need to transfer some files across because I want to change the evolutionX Dashboard and put some games on for the emulators.

But wired connection will be a real pain as the router is the other side of the house.

So is there any way I can transfer files via the DVD drive. Or a lead that goes one end my Macbook, the other end the xBox

Also, are there any cheap online stores that still have a good range of original xBox accessories. I'm talking the ones in China, like DealExtreme, need a component lead and want to browse and buy some other stuff

#2 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(RussWWFC @ Nov 9 2011, 02:17 PM) View Post

OK, so I have softmodded my xBox, using the AID disk and the Splinter Cell exploit. But I need to transfer some files across because I want to change the evolutionX Dashboard and put some games on for the emulators.

But wired connection will be a real pain as the router is the other side of the house.

So is there any way I can transfer files via the DVD drive. Or a lead that goes one end my Macbook, the other end the xBox

Also, are there any cheap online stores that still have a good range of original xBox accessories. I'm talking the ones in China, like DealExtreme, need a component lead and want to browse and buy some other stuff

Yes use a crossover cable..and filezilla or similar.

#3 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(JohnnyHunng @ Nov 9 2011, 08:36 PM) View Post

Yes use a crossover cable..and filezilla or similar.

Thanks, you couldn't show us which one could you (link)

I know what the sockets/connections needed are, just don't want to get the wrong one.

Thanks

#4 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Any crossover cable will do...its the same as a regular ethernet patch cable except the twisted pairs are switched at one end...Crossover Cable

Something like this

You can get it from anywhere, amazon, ebay etc...

Edited by JohnnyHunng, 13 November 2011 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users