• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JamD

JamD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hello all, finally blew the dust of my Xbox 360 Elite after buying the latest MW game (have had 2 babies in past 16 months, so something gave, it was the xbox). I replaced the drive in it with an older Hitachi LG drive, and have it spoofed, so it works great. Problem is, the xbox is trying to update the dash, it downloads fine, then while installing stops at the end, and I am informed the update was unsuccessful. I have tried it a number of times, one of which resulted in a E64 error. I should prob mention that I also have a Blaster CK3 installed. Any ideas what I can do. I honestly have no idea what custom firmware I have put on, I think I flashed it over 2 years ago. In the interim I have moved from Win 7 to a Macbook, so also dont have ready access to a windows machine to start messing around with the firmware.

Thank you in advance for any replies. I was once pretty skilled at modding xbox's, but the 16 month xbox famine have somewhat dulled my knowledge, and having read many forums, things have moved on massively, so I have got loset trying to figure this problem out for myself.

I would also like to apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

#2 coilz

coilz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(JamD @ Nov 9 2011, 02:02 PM) View Post

Hello all, finally blew the dust of my Xbox 360 Elite after buying the latest MW game (have had 2 babies in past 16 months, so something gave, it was the xbox). I replaced the drive in it with an older Hitachi LG drive, and have it spoofed, so it works great. Problem is, the xbox is trying to update the dash, it downloads fine, then while installing stops at the end, and I am informed the update was unsuccessful. I have tried it a number of times, one of which resulted in a E64 error. I should prob mention that I also have a Blaster CK3 installed. Any ideas what I can do. I honestly have no idea what custom firmware I have put on, I think I flashed it over 2 years ago. In the interim I have moved from Win 7 to a Macbook, so also dont have ready access to a windows machine to start messing around with the firmware.

Thank you in advance for any replies. I was once pretty skilled at modding xbox's, but the 16 month xbox famine have somewhat dulled my knowledge, and having read many forums, things have moved on massively, so I have got loset trying to figure this problem out for myself.

I would also like to apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

Should work if you replaced back original type of drive that your system came with. New update won't work on spoofed drive.

#3 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

coilz is correct but to add a little more info: Return back to stock before making the update.

#4 JamD

JamD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Cheers for the reply, reason I didnt put the old drive in was a shorted connection son it whilst trying to get the key from it, I had an old drive from a RRoD console, so put that in, and spoofed it. If I return the Hitachi LG which I think it spoofed as a Lite-On (not sure which one), to an original state, do I have to spoof it again after putting original firmware on it. Have just been debating buying a new slim model, but dont like things beating me. Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Also, how do I return it to stock firmware?

#5 tomsawyer2k5

tomsawyer2k5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Yes, you have to spoof it again after the update. The whole reason you return the drive to stock is because the update ain't going through...that's all.

Flashing the drive with stock/modded firmware is the SAME, except for the firmware file. Use the Jungleflasher tutorial for more info.

#6 JamD

JamD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Thank you for the replies. Having no joy returning my drive to stock. I have installed NandX, and the coolrunner. Do I need to have a drive installed to update to the latest dash, or is there a work around?

#7 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(JamD @ Nov 17 2011, 01:38 PM) View Post

Thank you for the replies. Having no joy returning my drive to stock. I have installed NandX, and the coolrunner. Do I need to have a drive installed to update to the latest dash, or is there a work around?

The update will probably fail if you don't have a drive installed.

Edited by SphtKr76, 18 November 2011 - 03:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users