• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 SoulInDeed

SoulInDeed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Does this at least mean that we won't have to update to a new lt dash?

#62 ochentay4

ochentay4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

As I see, any new Dashboard contains new DAE.BIN and it contains new responses for AP2.5 games, but it ceases to contain old responses am I right?

What if Microsoft decides to store multiple Dae.bin and choose it randomly to check AP2.5 games? Will the backup responde to new and or old Dae.bin?

An easy check could be an updated AP2.5 game with new rip with latest beta Dae.bin and check if it runs with dash 13599 and see if it boots/flag

#63 bubbafett4hire

bubbafett4hire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(Master Reefed @ Nov 12 2011, 02:09 PM) View Post

ya... easier if you dont mind soldering how many spots on that 200$ motherboard?

We did it for how many years on the original Xbox back when it was 22 - 27 wires during the early days

Edited by bubbafett4hire, 12 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#64 ekruob

ekruob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE(Weirdjerz3y @ Nov 13 2011, 01:13 AM) View Post

You know, the only thing I never got was, why try now. To stop backups on xbox. They're going to release a new xbox in about a year two years, the xbox360 life is dying. Why spend money and resources on stopping it now? I dont see the point. Did companies finally complain? That people have been going online with backups for years? I understand the point that if something is yours u want to protect it, but when u had it for a while, and u know ur getting a new one in a bit don't bother. That's what I think, maybe you guys have better reason for trying so hard right now. If I didn't make sense somewhere tell me, I'm typing this early in the morning.

They're testing it out for the new Xbox - i.e. if it fails for the 360, then there's no point wasting money putting the flawed protection into the Xbox 720 is there?!

#65 misteromar

misteromar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

What do you have to do to the iso before reburning?

If we are burning full iso with ltmax, are we good?

Edited by misteromar, 13 November 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#66 rwcottrell

rwcottrell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

so how do we know truncated discs no longer work?has anybody injected the new dae.bin via abgx?obivously not.for those who dont care about live it dosent matter if we get flagged.all in all i wish c4eva woulda chose a type of dvd drive that we could walk into bestbuy and purchase,its a pain to have to mail order a bloody dvd drive.and how bout making burnermax available for an external drive that would be nice.

#67 Oldxbox

Oldxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(tarektaha @ Nov 12 2011, 02:16 PM) View Post

But abgx only lists few games that are AP25? This has changed with XGD3? So every game that is XGD3 has ap2.5 and its backup will not playnon the new dash? Or only some xgd3 only?

ABGX is not up to date for XGD3, neither the web site nor the software and the database. We have to wait for version 1.0.6

#68 dawidkk

dawidkk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I am not totally convinced that 1:1 copies are impossible to make. It's all the problem of high-level programming. How can you make 1:1 copy by the even best burning program if every burn is made by a bunch of standard .dll libraries and by the drive firmware itself using most of the standard burning algorithms. Laser is laser and disc is disc. All you need is low-level preparated firmware for a specific drive which is reading and writing track just as the die is prepared for the retail disc. So basically you need to fool your burner. Of course it will not be so easy due to ECC and other correction stuff, but still- it is possible.

#69 xD34DL1N3Rx

xD34DL1N3Rx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(dawidkk @ Nov 13 2011, 07:31 AM) View Post

I am not totally convinced that 1:1 copies are impossible to make. It's all the problem of high-level programming. How can you make 1:1 copy by the even best burning program if every burn is made by a bunch of standard .dll libraries and by the drive firmware itself using most of the standard burning algorithms. Laser is laser and disc is disc. All you need is low-level preparated firmware for a specific drive which is reading and writing track just as the die is prepared for the retail disc. So basically you need to fool your burner. Of course it will not be so easy due to ECC and other correction stuff, but still- it is possible.

Hope to see this coming from you in the next couple of weeks. pop.gif

#70 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(dawidkk @ Nov 13 2011, 02:31 PM) View Post

Man, I don't know where you've been hiding, but I'm glad you're here, now!

Seriously, tho, if it's possible, how come NOBODY has been doing this for, well, anything?

In other words, if something like what you describe exists... then how can warez co-exist? After all, if we could make 1:1 copies, we wouldn't need to mod any consoles, ever.

#71 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

its physically impossible to make a 1:1 copy of a xbox 360 game for various reasons without a pressing plant.

#72 Syn201

Syn201

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Unless you have a pressing machine and some dicks that allow you to press onto metal,not a dye based disk like we use now.you would also need the glass master or another way to master a disk eltro ,photo what ever.
This simply not financially viable to go average "backup maker" (yeah we need "backups " with 100 plus gig hard disks lol wtfe )..

#73 dawidkk

dawidkk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Nov 13 2011, 09:13 PM) View Post

its physically impossible to make a 1:1 copy of a xbox 360 game for various reasons without a pressing plant.

Ever seen how retail discs are being made? It's all burnt initially by laser. The difference is that this "burner" can write any type of binary code to a disc. ECC corection codes, TOC etc. can be inserted to a disc not by laser firmware itself but by its software in initial image preparation. Laser can do whatever you "tell him straight to do" only if you do it in low-level code.

eg. bad sectors are not something which your drive can't read, but can't interpret logically due to wrong corrections added by a system software- not by the laser. You can't burn bad sectors to a disc because your firmware is unable to do it. furthermore you cant burn whole sector of zeros cause your firmware will always add extra byte of correction to an every single byte.

other words: we need a firmware which is making full rip of disc - not only data but whole data sectors with all its redundancy - bit by bit. All data-readed corrections should be done by software on ripped image- not by a firmware (non scratched retail discs never have any "Parity Outer Failures" which require extra sector read)
And of course a burning software for a (low-level) firmware which is burning all data just without any other "internal" modifications.

It is possible but not easy to do. Ask c4eva how he fooled drive to burn 8.7GB to 8.5 disc. You could force drive to write DL 10GB to a SL 4.7 disc with a success response and guess what...after all your burner would be still working.

Sorry for bad english. biggrin.gif

#74 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

i have my doubts that its possible but if it is, has anybody written a custom dvd or cd writer firmware in the past from the ground up to do this? I doubt it, i dont recall anything like that to burn ps1,ps2 games etc.

Edited by dangerouseddy, 14 November 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#75 col12

col12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

stay offline when the dash comes out finish all those games before they are fit for the bin i personely have batman gears3 forza 4 bf3 skyrim that will keep me busy until the team sort it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users