4 replies to this topic

#1 Thud

Thud

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

I was kind of surprised to see just how small the d0 point was when I first opened up my Xbox. I was then wondering just how the hell I was going to solder something in there. Then I came to the realization that all is really necessary is that the wire is in constant contact with the point. This is where electrical tape came to mind. All I did was push the wire in as far as I could, bend the wire over, and tape it in. Woohoo, connection is made and I didn't have to worry about soldering anything into that point. I hope this helps keep some of you guys from ruining your motherboard.

I do have a question tho, is there any downside to this? I don't see how it will ever come un-done and since it is electrical tape I don't have to worry about anything shorting out.

I hope this helps.

#2 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:05 PM

i really dont see why this method wouldnt work. as long as the wire is firm and doesnt move, elec tape should work just as well.

#3 Thud

Thud

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought to. I figured i'd post this just to let all those people out there who have seen the d0 point know that you don't have to solder it if you don't feel comfortable doing so. This method is a helluva lot easier and makes the modchip install even easier.

#4 dink

dink

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:34 PM

I found that electrical tape does not hold after awhile on the MB.
You might want to use a dab of contact cement to add some extra holding strength.

There you go, a new mod! A new solderless method, no pogo pins! beerchug.gif

#5 NFCTinken

NFCTinken

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:46 PM

My main concern with a method like that is what if the wire come loose and touches another point while the system is powered up? Then you can say goodbye to your xbox. The reason people solder it is because it is very stable and you wont have to worry about it coming loose. After it is soldered, it is comon to put a piece of electrical tape over the wire so it doesn't get snagged if you open your xbox again, but I would not rely on only tape to hold the d0. If you are worried about how small the d0 is on the top, there is an alternate d0 on the back of the xbox motherboard. You can search the forums and will find plenty of information on this. Hope this helps. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users