• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hamisht

hamisht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

I installed MameX and a lot of Zipped Roms onto my xbox, and the emulator opens up with the list of the roms available, I select a Rom, but then it comes up with varing messages, some about not enough memory, some just saying they might not work correctly.

I was wondering whether Final Burn Alpha would open these roms instead? If I put final burn alpha on my xbox, do I have to unzip the roms to get them to appear? The last time I tried FBA, I had a lot of trouble trying to get the list to show..

#2 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Not sure which ROMs you are having trouble with. Use MAME 0.84 ROMs for whatever incarnation of MAME you are using. I would highly recommend Final Burn Legends. You can expect an update sometime soon, and I think the ROMset is in for an update as well.

More info here:
http://www.1emulatio...showtopic=33732

#3 hamisht

hamisht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

Thanks, how do i know what type of Roms I am using? I found an ISO that was labeled 'MameX Neo Geo Collection(WORKING)' so I downloaded that.

I just tried to copy a couple of those roms into FBA, and it picked up one, but it didn't open, which frustrates me.

It sucks we can't discuss where to get these from sad.gif I just want to play some old school arcade games lol

Edited by hamisht, 15 November 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#4 weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

I would check the version of FBA that the current release of Final Burn Legends is built off of, then I would look for the matching ROMset. It's been awhile since I dug up a set for FBL, but I'm sure Google will get you there with the right keywords.

#5 hamisht

hamisht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

According to the release notes, it says 'Final Burn Consoles 1.0' I got it off xbins.

#6 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

I used to have all of that stuff available online. Don't know if it's there anymore though. wink.gif

Getting a working FBL, CoinOPS (MAME) and ScummVMX set was some of the toughest work that I'd accomplished while working on the Box. Thankfully, since I came so late, there has been very few updates so the sets were relevant for much longer than when the original XBox scene was in full force.

I haven't stayed in the loop for a while, so there may have been some minor updates to the sets, but even if there were, I would recommend Googling the "RessurectionXtras" "FBL" "CoinOPS" and "Scummvmx" sets. That way, when you have all of those, and using romcenter, you will be able to tell what you're still missing for the updates and rather than downloading full packs from scratch that may not work with the updated cores you will only have to find the missing parts.

If you can't find them because they're no longer available (which may be the case)....

I'm sure with a little research here you can find somebody to ask about where to find them.

#7 Xboxer!

Xboxer!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

now I'm using the "RomCenter" and fba 029712 PC emulator for so check the roms that are in disrepair or missing. I do download these pages as "emuparadise" "planetemu" "gametronik" ... Although it is easier from torrent...

Final Burn Legends is an excellent emulator, but there are many games that are not available in this emulator.

Mame or "CoinOPS" for a good choice to complement the roms that "FBL" does not support, however I'm not sure which of the 2 suits me more, or if I have both too.

Can anyone tell me this? unsure.gif

Edited by Xboxer!, 17 November 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#8 Asphodel

Asphodel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I'm using FBL as well as Coinops.
The roms FBL supports; run better on it.
I use Coinops not only for the rest of te arcade, bt also because somehow on my PAl 'box. It gives the correct 'refresh' rate for me. (anyone correct me on the reason for it). So I prefer both and share roms between them.

For the sets; there is a working mame 'Xtras' rom set still as a torrent around. Also google should help in finding 'Coinops' with a working set.

For FBL roms; just ask at emuxtras

hope this is helpfull

Edited by Asphodel, 17 November 2011 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users