Photo

Can Sombody Help As To Why I Cant Get This Program To Work?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Roden

Roden

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hi all, for the love of god can somebody please help me here, i have read over tuorials over and over but i am stuck.

I have a fully modded 1.6xbox with an executer 3 im hoping this may help me out as this just aint working.

I have 2 other boxes which i decided to just softmod. Both boxes are currently running stock 10gb hdds and softmodded and working.

I just want to upgrade the hdds, so i had my x3 chip format them, i copied the data from the softmodded partions c: e: to the new drive. So next step just lock the drive right?

Now, i how downloaded this package, i have copied my dash files to c: and some files to e: and i have copied my backed up eeprom file to linux/eeprom, created the boot cd.

Disconnected all my drives but the xbox drive from the pc, boot the cd, i get to the menu, so far so good.

Now all i really need to do i think is just lock the hdd, so the xbox will boot?.

This is where it just keeps going wrong!!

I have tried 2 options, Option 1 full rebuild, it gets to the point where you type xboxhd and press enter, then i get a screen with loads of lines saying lynux cd not found blah blah blah

?????????????????????, how can it not be found if im booting from it?

I have tried going to just the linux hdd lock unlock screen, where upon loading, i get a line like this __________________________________________________ just moving down the screen constantly and cant enter any commands.

Stuck.....

sad.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

You need a PC with two separate IDE connections on the motherboard if you are using xboxhdm 1.9 (I presume that's what you mean when you say "this package"), and you need the CD drive and the Xbox disk connected to the correct IDE ports and with the appropriate master / slave settings. The xboxhdm 1.9 thread has all of the details.

If your PC has only one IDE port then you have to use xboxhdm 2.2, which scullc has kindly just repaired - again, there is a pinned thread on this.

If neither of those works then you can use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) which implements ldotsfan's lxhdm and builds and locks the new disk on the Xbox.

#3 Roden

Roden

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

Ah so ive read it wrong somewhere down the line, if i only need my cd drive and the xbox drive why do i need 2 ide ports?

Ill check out the other stuff ..

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

You need two IDE ports because that's how xboxhdm 1.9 was designed to work.

xboxhdm 2.2 addresses that limitation.

#5 Roden

Roden

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

That would explain why it would not work lol, how much hassle to lock a HDD jesus

Ignore created, ill try it tomorrow when im a little more clear headed.

Edited by Roden, 16 November 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#6 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Hmm, I was gonna say just use a usb drive or a floppy disc.. always works for me

#7 Roden

Roden

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Okey i tried the usb disc, it boots ok but freezes on some int thing, tried about 10 times.

So tried the lxhdm thing using the hexen disc, this also just kep failing on the hdd formatting stage, all of a sudden i started getting error 21 and all sorts.

Turns out the 250 hdd was bad sad.gif

So found a 80gb lying around, and the lxhdm trick worked, i used that as i seemed to be getting somewhere with it.

So all modded, running unleashx, latest XBMC and my most used apps.

Just one lickle problem, i have changed the video mode to NTSC, Tried enabling 480P and 720P in XBMC which i can, but whenever i switch to a higher mode than standard i just get a black screen.

What i do wrong?

Edited by Roden, 16 November 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

You have to bypass virtual eeprom first to make the video mode changes stick. Use HeXEn to switch to NTSC and it sorts it out for you. The XBMC4Xbox wiki article on enabling HD modes on a softmodded Xbox also explains how to do it.

Edited by Heimdall, 16 November 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#9 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Nov 16 2011, 02:45 AM) View Post

You need two IDE ports because that's how xboxhdm 1.9 was designed to work.

xboxhdm 2.2 addresses that limitation.

i only need 1 ide port for 1.9.. You do need a ide ribbon cable with master and slave capabilaties though.. Hard disk master and the cd drive slave.
I can do this on either my amd setup "that has 2 ide ports but i only use 1" and on the dell system "that only has 1 ide port"

Edited by shambles1980, 16 November 2011 - 06:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users