• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

abgx360: DAE.bin Silently Updated on XBL on Current Dashboard *Update2*
Posted by XanTium | November 17 00:57 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From abgx360.net:

DAE.bin is being silently updated through Xbox Live with an additional challenge table! This happens on the current public dashboard version 2.0.13604.0 and there is no confirmation dialog or any known means to prevent it besides disconnecting your console from the internet.

If your DAE.bin has already been silently updated, AP25 backups that are patched with current AP25 replay data will fail the normal AP25 challenges outright! Note that all XGD3 games use AP25.

Use your originals if you want to play on Xbox Live.

*Update1* More about it from c4evaspeaks.com:

First and foremost, a warning — at this current time it is advised that you stay offline and avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups. It has been confirmed by the team that the dae.bin is now being silently updated on all LIVE-connected boxes.

This update is not being deployed via a SystemUpdate or TitleUpdate, but rather occurs in the background without any visual indication or prompt to the user. As such, there is no means by which it can be cancelled or avoided, other than not connecting to LIVE. If you’ve connected to LIVE in the past 24 hours, your system has likely already been updated with a changed dae.bin.

All AP2.5/XGD3 backups that contain the now older AP25 replay data will fail the system’s AP2.5 challenges and indeed flag your system (the flagging has also been confirmed by the team).

Like our news a few days ago, the dae.bin is now being changed by way of an appended challenge table in the same manner on current retail dashes (13604) as it is on the preview dash (14686), however the content of the challenge tables differ. The team has determined that the appended challenge table appears to be unique per console and contains indentifying information. This means that everyone’s dae.bin is different, and can potentially be traced back to your specific console. Therefore, sharing your dae.bin with others is not advisable.

*Update2* abgx360.net:

The Fall 2011 preview dashboard version 2.0.14692.0 is now rolling out. If you are in the preview and accept the update, it will now actively use the additional DAE challenge table and AP25 backups that are patched with current AP25 replay data will fail the normal AP25 challenges outright!

News-Source: http://www.abgx360.net / c4evaspeaks.com

#2 comhen

comhen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

This is getting harder and harder.

#3 360player

360player

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

Was just reading about this on ixtreme.net. My MW3 quit working but my saints row 3 and battlefield 3 are working fine. I read on the other site that a guy called and complained because his original copy of need for speed was giving him the error as well so they took him off of the ban list and told him that they will be banning in the next 48 hours.
He said we all need to call MS and complain because it could be a mistake on their part but i doubt it.

#4 jaredanand

jaredanand

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

Until we find a solution to the new challenges written into dae.bin for backups, STAY THE HELL OF LIVE!

abgx will always be on top of AP, only time will tell though...

#5 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

awww, newflash xbox live looses lots of users

#6 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

I heard there are a bad batch of legit MW3 going around, so if you got flagged playing that your most likely safe. And it looks like from now on only sammys and old hitachis are going to play backups.

Edited by X4life3, 17 November 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#7 lc204

lc204

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Samsung drives with latest ixtreme are still safe correct, since they don't do ap25 checks?

Edited by lc204, 17 November 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#8 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(lc204 @ Nov 17 2011, 02:14 AM) View Post

Samsung drives with latest ixtreme are still safe correct, since they don't do ap25 checks?

I assume so since that drive can't handle AP 2.5

#9 bubbafett4hire

bubbafett4hire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

If each DAE table is per console this means one may have to regularly dump the NAND to grab the DAE.bin every time a new one rolls out , If that is the case I see a new form of AGBX with a DAE correction tab...just speculation

Kudos to M$ for the per console change..sorry have to give credit to them for a good idea on their part. I'm curious now if the change was to stick it to C4e or to the ODE devices?

#10 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(bubbafett4hire @ Nov 17 2011, 02:27 AM) View Post

If each DAE table is per console this means one may have to regularly dump the NAND to grab the DAE.bin every time a new one rolls out , If that is the case I see a new form of AGBX with a DAE correction tab...just speculation

Kudos to M$ for the per console change..sorry have to give credit to them for a good idea on their part. I'm curious now if the change was to stick it to C4e or to the ODE devices?

I think it's time for C4E to give up on a LIVE compatible firmware and release a firmware that fully defeats AP2.5 in all aspects, but not LIVE friendly... I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve!

I have a theory... but it's too complicated... since Samsung can't handle AP 2.5, using RGH we may alter the nand to believe the original drive is a samsung via OSIG, in other words, jump from OSIG 2 to OSIG 1 and that way any drive will ignore AP 2.5, but when updating it might get corrected... unless you have a spare samsung drive always there to update everytime, of course.... only applies to PHAT consoles.

Edited by krizalid, 17 November 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#11 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(krizalid @ Nov 17 2011, 02:29 AM) View Post

I think it's time for C4E to give up on a LIVE compatible firmware and release a firmware that fully defeats AP2.5 in all aspects, but not LIVE friendly... I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve!

I have a theory... but it's too complicated... since Samsung can't handle AP 2.5, using RGH we may alter the nand to believe the original drive is a samsung via OSIG, in other words, jump from OSIG 2 to OSIG 1 and that way any drive will ignore AP 2.5, but when updating it might get corrected... unless you have a spare samsung drive always there to update everytime, of course.... only applies to PHAT consoles.

No point in making a non-live firmware, you can just do the rgh. The only console you cant is on xenons and most have drives that doing support AP 2.5 anyways. And you wont need verbs anymore, i see alot of homebrew in the future.

Edited by X4life3, 17 November 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#12 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(X4life3 @ Nov 17 2011, 02:37 AM) View Post

No point in making a non-live firmware, you can just do the rgh. The only console you cant is on xenons and most have drives that doing support AP 2.5 anyways. And you wont need verbs anymore, i see alot of homebrew in the future.

Agreed, but you are missing 1 point.. and that is that there are some unglitchable consoles and the new Corona... so that will end sooner than later as well.

#13 blob_54

blob_54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:modding, cars, comps
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(krizalid @ Nov 17 2011, 12:41 AM) View Post

Agreed, but you are missing 1 point.. and that is that there are some unglitchable consoles and the new Corona... so that will end sooner than later as well.

but the amount of systems out their that are will out way that lol

I'm seeing abgx releasing a new version soon with patch's.... just how fast can they figure out this crap? how many people are now going out and buying mw3 and other xgd3 games?... alot!! people are addicted now to their games and wont want to stop... microsoft was planning this from the beginning lol... they are getting sales again... just sux, but you cant blame them lol

#14 brsandlin

brsandlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(X4life3 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:37 AM) View Post

Dammit. I just bought $200.00 on verbatims, drives, and other xecuter parts. I sure hope C4eva figures this out! uhh.gif

#15 spyder dogg

spyder dogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

ok so i got hit by the silent assault microsoft is dishing out...what to do next?do i simply reflash the drive and be all good?is my console about to banned from xbox live 4-ever?will my gamertag acct be banned as well?
sorry for the noob questions been awhile since ive been banned
the games below still work i even did a disc update for some of them just now

rage
dead rising off the record
dead island
batman arkahm city

not working
mw3
black ops
driver san fransisco
gears of war 3

Edited by spyder dogg, 17 November 2011 - 09:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users