X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hey guys,

Just a quick questions really. I think I already know the answer, but I thought id just check with you guys on here first.

I have a dedicated unbanned console that I use to play my backups on offline. I am also wanting to start playing some of my retail games such as MW3 online too, so I am thinking of buying a new retail 360 and using that for online play.

My question is, I have read online that there are sometimes problems in switching hard drives between modded and non modded xboxes. Like for example, if I was using my backups offline to play batman arkham city and earnt 30 gamer score, and then put my hard drive into my original, Live system, the gamer score wouldnt count?

Just need a bit of reassurance here, so that I know the facts before buying a new console

Thanks

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

The only issue you could encounter would be a revoked console (which often happens after a flagging, like AP2.5, occurs), effectively rendering all of the files modified by the revoked console 'corrupt' to all other consoles. This can be remedied by using a simple rehash/resign program on each file modified.

Other than that, it shouldn't cause a problem.

Edited by Aldanga, 17 November 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#3 Cjc1706

Cjc1706

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

awesome thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users