Photo

I Added Usb Port To My Xbox, Need Help Now!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZippoYaris

ZippoYaris

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hello all! I just added a USB port to my Xbox using a USB extension cable end, the female end of course. I want to know if there is an official list of USB flash drives that will work? I tried some USB sticks I had but none work. I know 2 are 8GB and too large but I had a smaller one that didn't work either.

What does everyone use? I do not have the Action Replay memory card that is why I added a USB port.

Please help, I don't want to hotswap either. I prefer a USB method. Thanks.

I am posting here because I want to use the EvolutionX softmod.

#2 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

USB List

That list is old, others may work...but at least its an idea...once you find a drive that works, just use xplorer360 to put the save on it and then copy to xbox hdd.

Also you should use Krayzie's NDURE 1.1.1 for whatever exploitable game it is that you have to softmod your xbox.

Edited by JohnnyHunng, 18 November 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#3 ZippoYaris

ZippoYaris

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(JohnnyHunng @ Nov 18 2011, 08:27 AM) View Post

USB List

That list is old, others may work...but at least its an idea...once you find a drive that works, just use xplorer360 to put the save on it and then copy to xbox hdd.

Also you should use Krayzie's NDURE 1.1.1 for whatever exploitable game it is that you have to softmod your xbox.

Thanks for the info. I have that list bookmarked and it is hard to find any of those USBs. Do you think an SD card reader and old 16MB SD card could work? I am buying a 12-in-1 Card reader from ebay and have some old SD cards laying around.

I will find the files you suggested too. I am hoping I can get this to work soon. Oh well if not I will have a card reader for fun and an oldschool Xbox that only has a USB port mod. LOL

I like these forums, very helpful. Thanks again.

#4 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Well i can tell u this...since i dont have any of the usb drives i used to use as xbox mem cards anymore...i now use a usb microSD reader drive...its the one that came with my R4 for DS so its unbranded/generic, its just a microSD usb reader...ive used a 64mb microSD card, 128mb, 1gb and 2gb and they all work as xbox mem cards.

So its worth a try on your SD reader/16mb card...can't hurt anyway.

Edited by JohnnyHunng, 18 November 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#5 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:45 AM

You make ONE thread if you have a question, besides, you got your answer in the other thread anyways so I don't why you felt the need to make a second thread...

#6 ZippoYaris

ZippoYaris

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(jaroc @ Nov 18 2011, 07:45 PM) View Post

You make ONE thread if you have a question, besides, you got your answer in the other thread anyways so I don't why you felt the need to make a second thread...

Dude I wasn't sure where to make my first post then I found a forum that I might actually use. Not everyone reads all threads!! So sorry, next time I will find the right spot. Shoot me for wanting more opinions!!

#7 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

answers received. before this goes further closing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users