Photo

Create Different Region System Under Same Emulator Possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alexis524

alexis524

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

hi guys, was wondering if it's possible to have displayed under emulators on my dash or in xbmc, separate region consoles that run on the same emulator. For example, i'd like to go into my emulator section and see Genesis, Sega CD, 32X with a banner/icon for each system. I know i can create different folders inside my ROMS for the corresponding console, but i;d like to see them displayed on my list of emulators. is that possible? thanks in advance!

#2 Asphodel

Asphodel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

I remember having GBA emu v17 installed alongside a more recent one because ii was slightly faster. As long As the main settings are the same (as they used the same save). It should e possible then to have three versions of GenesisX and just rename te XBE's in XBMC or someting.

But i'm no expert on this

#3 alexis524

alexis524

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

wow did i derp,

i just renamed the .xbe and they do display as i've renamed them (nes, famicom, fds, etc.)

should i have any trouble with save files?

#4 Asphodel

Asphodel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

If you mean the 'savestates' no < not as fr as i can remember. The "split" emus behave like "seperate". Only thing i can think of is the INI and gamesave file. So settings like screensize are kept the same for both probably. But I can't check that at the moment.

Bigger experts on 'Emuxtras'. Ask there again wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users